Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not a grizzly, but I really like this forum so im hoping you guys dont mind :)
Had Big Horns and Elka shocks installed before I drove it off the lot. Was going to go with the Zilla's but after seeing them in person they weren't the right fit for the riding I do.
Anyway, here's some pictures!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Nice lookin ride!

Reactions: Achaleon

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
A buddy of mine just picked up the same quad but in dark grey. That power is addicting. We just ordered Big Horns on the new ITP Hurricane rims. Curious to see how they'll look.

Is the stock suspension on the Outty XT supposed to be bad?

Congrats, and use it well!

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
So that's what those look like.....
Hope you stay around and keep us up on your experience.

Reactions: Achaleon

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock suspension was just 'ok' For everyday trail riding I think it would be ok. I personally didnt like it though, felt really sluggish and soft to me. The Elka's really made it come to life. Feels a million times stronger now.

Yes the power is addicting, I was going through a spot where i normally floored the grizz and out of habit I did it on the Outtie.. Holy crap is all i can say. It hits so hard down low and it seems like it never ends. I literally said holy crap out loud to myself with a HUGE smile lol
Your friend is going to love it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should also say, i test drove a Renegade when i was there. It was nice but I came up to a tiny bit of mud going around a slow corner, went around it as best i could and when I got going again (still going through the sharp corner) a HUGE clump of mud came off the front tire and plastered the face shield of my helmet. I had to stop and clean it off. I literally turned around and went back, told the sales guy the Gade wasnt for me lol

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Nice ride!

Now keep that thing out of sight and locked up!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Beast.

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
Good looking ride, wish somebody would bring one on a hundred miler ride with me sometime.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still have the stock exhaust? I've been lazily looking for web sites with good info on modding Can ams with little luck. Can am forum kind of sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I'd ride it! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Nice tires and shocks. When I was looking at popo and can am side by sides I swore I wouldn't fequent the forums. Reading their forums made me believe I would be buying a lump of shit. It wasn't because they were but their sales are so hi and the forums have so many members that their seams like endless issue posts and it can freak you out ... I'd stay here too

C

·
0 Posts
My opinion is this is a Grizzly forum. Same opinion I've had on here for 6 years. Nice Bike!

Its not a grizzly, not a Yamaha. This is a Yamaha Grizzly forum!

I just don't really see the point. I'm glad you like this forum, however, realize your on the wrong one.

Get your wrenches out, and go enjoy your 1000cc somewhere else, cause we won't be able to fix it.

I can't imagine Can AM guys will hate you....

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
My opinion is this is a Grizzly forum. Same opinion I've had on here for 6 years. Nice Bike!

I just don't really see the point. I'm glad you like this forum, however, realize your on the wrong one.

Get your wrenches out, and go enjoy your 1000cc somewhere else, cause we won't be able to fix it.

Don't see a problem with him sticking around, after all the administrator has one as well. Don't think I would tell him to go anymore. I have both 700 grizzly and 1000 outlander, I'm not going anywhere either. Just realize one thing Can Am has caught up and passed Yamaha with reliability and everything else. The 700 grizzly is still one of the best trail bikes though.

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts

People come to this site not only because they have a Grizzly...but for many more reasons also. I very well own another someday.

Achaleon is a rider, has Grizzly experience, has friends here, and like me...is not married to any one brand.

Make no mistake, I am a Honda man. I was since 1982 and always will be. But that never stopped me from having other great machines. Just like anybody else here, Achaleon will get treated with respect.

I still think the Grizzly is one of the best machines on the market. I think I can lay way better lap times in some places with my old 07 Grizz than I can with any 4x4 Can-Am.

Everybody makes something nice. Some work better for different things/people. Most importantly...EVERYBODY is welcome here.

Achaleon...what are your plans to do with yours? First thing you might want to do if you haven't already is to add some skids. ESPECIALLY on a Can-Am.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
X2 on the skids, can am Orem are good skids. Just use your own bolts. That twin is addicting and sounds good with a good slip on exhaust.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts