Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! I just picked up a 2009 Grizzly 700 that looks so GREAT that I can't seem to stop fiddling with it. First thing we did is drive it around on the road in front of the house for an hour, then I proceeded to tear up my backyard (unintentionally!) by driving the kids around in a large circle over my deck and dirt. My 12 yr old wants to drive herself around, but that's still a no-no. So I told her I'd take a pic instead and she could show her friends.

To-do:

• Add a winch, probably HF since $$$ isn't growing on my money tree this year. Late frost.
  • Fix the brake line leak somewhere
  • Find the squeak that happens while riding on the right rear tire/wheel
  • Install a back seat
  • Get a spare key made
  • Maybe a plow so I can insure via my homeowner's policy
  • Possibly find some tires that don't tear up my yard and make the wife sour with me!

I'm sure there'll be more, but for now that's all I have in mind. Any great add-ons that I should look out for?
I'll mainly be using it around the house playing with the kids, and hauling wood out of the forest.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Looks nice... congratulations!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looking good. I'd keep those tires though. Any tires will tear up your yard and you will want those tires when you get out on the trails. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks nice... congratulations!

Thanks Grumpy! I'm pumped. Can't wait to get a wrench on him and start tinkering. I've already ordered that back seat. And today I went to get 2 spare keys made (My stealership doesn't make keys, howboutdat?) and failed, then ran it over my pool deck and broke four boards. Awesome! After repairing the pool deck I'll see about finding somewhere else to ride it. These in-the-yard rides are killing my home's resale value,:grin2: haha!

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
I agree on the tires... I'd keep 'em! :icon_ goofy:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I also agree on the tires, keep em. I have the original Grizz tires pretty worn and any turning will tear up the grass. Only thing to do would be find lawn mower " turf " tires if you could ever find the right size.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Yep you're going to tear up the yard with any tires as long as you have a locked rear diff. save that money for a descent winch because if you're going to plow you will need a good winch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts