Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Buhl, Idaho (about 16 miles west of Twin Falls) so we are fairly close to a wide range of topography including mountain trails and Alpine desert settings. Great place to own an ATV. The Grizzly is a 2013 550 model. I haven't had it long but love the machine with EPS and all good stuff. I hope to meet some new friends on this forum. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Welcome and greetings from VA. I'll trade my house for yours since I've seen what you have to ride out your back door versus what we have to trailer to other states to enjoy, ha.
Enjoy the Grizz and welcome again You'll find more than 1 rider from Idaho in this family/forum.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Welcome from Nampa Idaho.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome, from Arizona. Ride safe and have fun.

Reactions: Idagriz

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and greetings from VA. I'll trade my house for yours since I've seen what you have to ride out your back door versus what we have to trailer to other states to enjoy, ha.
Enjoy the Grizz and welcome again You'll find more than 1 rider from Idaho in this family/forum.
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes, Idaho is a great place for outdoor activities. The state is about 75% public lands (BLM/FS primarily). The southern section of Sawtooth Natl F is especially set up for trail riding with designated trails for 50" or less ATVs, dirt bike and wider machines. We are also very close to Northern Nevada lands including BLM and Humbolt NF. Then north of us in the Sawtooth and other NF lands is practically endless. Come on out. We can show you a good time.
I'm impressed with how your Grizz is set up. I will likely be asking about some of your mods and accessories.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm very jealous! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome from montana. Just north of you is mackay we where there last weekend for rally in the pines had a good time put on 305 miles in 4 days

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome. My wife has relatives that live in Filer, and I went riding with them a couple times in the South Hills. Great place to ride!

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Welcome from Boise, I went to collage in Twin in the early 2000's. I know the area very well. :icon_ goofy: And all its surrounding towns/areas. The old Train Depot Grill was a staple of my diet before/after/during those bad hangovers for 3+ yrs!! Chicken fried steak the size of a large plate with biscuits/gravy and eggs... for less than $10 yummm. Miss that place. Drove through twin in May and went and saw the shoshone falls, man this was the year to see them flow thats for sure with all the snow we had. Pretty cool. Also yes Nevada is another great place to ride, i grew up in northern NV 90 miles north of Reno off I-80. Good riding for sure. Enjoy the new to you grizz!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Welcome to GC from WA. We like to ride a lot up at Big Creek near Silver Mountain/Kellogg and also went riding at Lake Pend Oreille last month. Awesome areas in Idaho for sure!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from montana. Just north of you is mackay we where there last weekend for rally in the pines had a good time put on 305 miles in 4 days
I love the Mackay area. I have a nephew who lives at Moore not far from Mackay. If that event happens again or if you are in the area again, please let me know. I'd join you in a heartbeat.
I lived in Billings for about 12 years and did a lot of dirt bike riding in that part of MT as well as around the Powell, WY area. Great rides. I'd like to get back there on the Grizz.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to GC from WA. We like to ride a lot up at Big Creek near Silver Mountain/Kellogg and also went riding at Lake Pend Oreille last month. Awesome areas in Idaho for sure!
I have not ever ridden in that part of Idaho. I'm about due, I think. If you have some rides, or if I get up that way, let's keep it in mind to get together for a ride. You can lead the way and I'll eat your dust. :laugh:
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome. My wife has relatives that live in Filer, and I went riding with them a couple times in the South Hills. Great place to ride!
Being an old dirt bike guy, I've thought a lot about a twist throttle. How is that to set up. Looks like it would be a major job. How has it worked out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Welcome from Boise, I went to collage in Twin in the early 2000's. I know the area very well. :icon_ goofy: And all its surrounding towns/areas. The old Train Depot Grill was a staple of my diet before/after/during those bad hangovers for 3+ yrs!! Chicken fried steak the size of a large plate with biscuits/gravy and eggs... for less than $10 yummm. Miss that place. Drove through twin in May and went and saw the shoshone falls, man this was the year to see them flow thats for sure with all the snow we had. Pretty cool. Also yes Nevada is another great place to ride, i grew up in northern NV 90 miles north of Reno off I-80. Good riding for sure. Enjoy the new to you grizz!
I've known the Depot grill from that perspective a few time in my past as well. Ugg.
Get back down this way, give me a heads up.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Being an old dirt bike guy, I've thought a lot about a twist throttle. How is that to set up. Looks like it would be a major job. How has it worked out?
Look at my post, #3 here: http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-accessories/67353-twist-grip.html

The vast majority of people here will advise against it. But my whole family, like you, comes from a motocross background. The only issues we've ever ran into are people that aren't really familiar with motorcycles and ATV's in general and who really fully on the handlebars to support their upper body under acceleration. Those are the people that get surprised by it.

Installing it was super easy as the kit comes with a new throttle cable specific to the machine.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome from Missouri enjoy your ride and be safe! Looking forward to seeing pics from some of your rides!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts