Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought another 600 a few months ago with a locked up motor and the plans are to big bore it it's just gonna be a toy for the mud parks and that it.went to start tearing the motor down and stripped 4 of heads.3 of um being were I can't get a grinder in to just cut the heads off. I'm also tearing my other one down cause I locked it up somehow and I figure I'll probably strip acouple on it to I soaked um in slick 50 so hopefully not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Were you using a six point socket or twelve? Six is always preferred for stubborn bolts.
I've had excellent luck with these Masterctaft extractors on badly stripped bolt heads and nuts in the past. This is probably your best bet.

Depending if the bolts aren't too harden and high grade, sometimes you can get lucky by using a slightly smaller six point socket ( may need to be an imperial socket ) and tapping it on the damaged metric bolt. It mite permit just enough "bite" to get them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had the exhaust manifold bolts break off on my truck.....

IMO, there are two practical ways to get them out......drill a hole in the bolt and use an easy out OR use a mig welder and weld a nut to the stripped/bolt head. Then use a wrench to back it out. If it is a hardened bolt it can be difficult to drill into to get the easy out in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I'll probably have to weld something on them there Allen head bolts not normal bolts

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Use the stripped bolt extrators. They will get them out.
I first thought they were a gimick. Once I tried then, I was proven dead wrong. They work great.
If you got the clearance, they will more than likely remove those stripped head volts.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use the stripped bolt extrators. They will get them out.

I first thought they were a gimick. Once I tried then, I was proven dead wrong. They work great.

If you got the clearance, they will more than likely remove those stripped head volts.

I actually meant the valve cover bolts idk why I said head buoys but we were able to get um all out with an easy out I appreciate it y'all

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m not gonna make a new post on this I’ll just ask it here but I couldn’t get it started before year down like it was locked solid the pull cord only came out a little ways and just stopped I’m 6’5 270 and I couldn’t budge it. Got the valve cover off and I was able to get it to move without the timing chain tensioner and cam in. Got the head off and it’ll move no problem so idk what give I’m not sure if it’s the decompression thing or what.

there’s the piston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts