Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new here and have been lurking around for a few weeks now before signing up.

I'm looking for an ignition controlled power source near the back of the instrument cluster. Looking to use it as the trigger for a relay.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Fortech,

Welcome to Grizzly Central.

Follow the wires from the key. One will provide power when the key is on. What are you installing?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
BillaVista.com - ATV Tech Article by BillaVista

if you scroll down there is a photo that shows where people usually tie into the factory harness for key on power. they actually make an adapter for it so you dont even have to splice wires, but im not sure what that is offhand.

basically, the wire you are looking for is under the front dash... near the key. i think it is the wire that goes to the 12v socket on the fender.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Part Number For Ignition Power Harness (no link) #5km-86171-00-00

·
Premium Member
9,286 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
2 hours, problem solved.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Part Number For Ignition Power Harness (no link) #5km-86171-00-00
Here's a link 5KM-86171-00-00 WIRE, LEAD 1
Cost is around $11. Connectors mate up to OEM connectors so it is plug in and use. Gives you 2 separate outputs for key switched power. I use one myself and like how it simplifies wiring for LED lights and winch. Best to use with a relay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all who replied!

Going to be installing a fuse block to power some accessories, heated grips, gps, etc. Going to route the block through a relay so switched power.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Search posts by member redrocket. Some good info/ideas on installing a fuse block

1 - 8 of 8 Posts