Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So installing my first mod, adding a winch, decided on the SuperWinch Terra 35 with synthetic rope.

Things went pretty well so far using a KFI winch plate which fit like a glove, when installing the screws one of them tightened up and then heard a pop, spun loose and then tightened up again, I will have to watch that one as the other three torqued down fine.

The tough part has been figuring out what to do with that big solenoid as I refuse to mount it low on the back of the plate, as a couple people I know that have had their winch not work when they needed it and in both cases the solenoids failed due to moisture and being submerged. I found a spot up by the gearshift that works pretty well once I fabbed up a bracket to get it where I wanted and not interfere with anything.

Posting a couple photos in case others are interested, or are trying to come up with ideas where to put their solenoid...
I really wish somehow there was another inch of clearance under the hood, sure makes it tough for us to add mods sometimes.

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Looks good. I believe @reogem mounted his similarly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Great info, wish it was posted a week ago! Lol I also installed the terra 35 with the KFI mount. Your not joking about a lack of room under the hood!!!

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
What changed between 15 and the latest iteration of the Griz for it to be so tight under the hood?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure to be honest, I would have to park a 2014 or 2015 next to it to check, maybe nothing has changed, but it sure is a tight fit.

Hopefully get the circuit breaker installed tonight and start putting it back together...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Under the hood plus an amp. Tight yes, but not impossible.

Attachments

Reactions: venom97

·
Registered
1 Posts
So installing my first mod, adding a winch, decided on the SuperWinch Terra 35 with synthetic rope.

Things went pretty well so far using a KFI winch plate which fit like a glove, when installing the screws one of them tightened up and then heard a pop, spun loose and then tightened up again, I will have to watch that one as the other three torqued down fine.

The tough part has been figuring out what to do with that big solenoid as I refuse to mount it low on the back of the plate, as a couple people I know that have had their winch not work when they needed it and in both cases the solenoids failed due to moisture and being submerged. I found a spot up by the gearshift that works pretty well once I fabbed up a bracket to get it where I wanted and not interfere with anything.

Posting a couple photos in case others are interested, or are trying to come up with ideas where to put their solenoid...
I really wish somehow there was another inch of clearance under the hood, sure makes it tough for us to add mods sometimes.

Which KFI plate did you use...no one seems to be able to tell me what I will need to mount the Terra 35S to a 2021 Grizz EPS 700. Thanks In Advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts