Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So installing my first mod, adding a winch, decided on the SuperWinch Terra 35 with synthetic rope.

Things went pretty well so far using a KFI winch plate which fit like a glove, when installing the screws one of them tightened up and then heard a pop, spun loose and then tightened up again, I will have to watch that one as the other three torqued down fine.

The tough part has been figuring out what to do with that big solenoid as I refuse to mount it low on the back of the plate, as a couple people I know that have had their winch not work when they needed it and in both cases the solenoids failed due to moisture and being submerged. I found a spot up by the gearshift that works pretty well once I fabbed up a bracket to get it where I wanted and not interfere with anything.

Posting a couple photos in case others are interested, or are trying to come up with ideas where to put their solenoid...
I really wish somehow there was another inch of clearance under the hood, sure makes it tough for us to add mods sometimes.

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Looks good. I believe @reogem mounted his similarly.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great info, wish it was posted a week ago! Lol I also installed the terra 35 with the KFI mount. Your not joking about a lack of room under the hood!!!

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
What changed between 15 and the latest iteration of the Griz for it to be so tight under the hood?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure to be honest, I would have to park a 2014 or 2015 next to it to check, maybe nothing has changed, but it sure is a tight fit.

Hopefully get the circuit breaker installed tonight and start putting it back together...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Under the hood plus an amp. Tight yes, but not impossible.

Attachments

Reactions: venom97
1 - 6 of 6 Posts