Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/2700 miles: I started getting an intermittent EPS light a month ago. Sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. I swapped out the speed sensor when I took it in for service thinking that may be the problem, I also had the mechanic take apart all the connectors to hit with dielectric grease to ensure a good connection. It stayed off for a couple of days and came back on yesterday. I have not checked out any fault codes as yet. I'm curious, could this also be a battery issue perhaps, this battery is the better part of 5 years old. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and what you did to remedy the situation. Also does anyone have the fault code list they could post. Thanks. -Josh

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
You can't start troubleshooting without those codes, if any are present. So the first thing you need to do is get those.
Google will give you all the information required. How to check codes and list of codes.
If not, download a factory service manual from tradebit.com. Less than $20 and all information required is in there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't start troubleshooting without those codes, if any are present. So the first thing you need to do is get those.
Google will give you all the information required. How to check codes and list of codes.
If not, download a factory service manual from tradebit.com. Less than $20 and all information required is in there.

I'll download that today, thank you very much

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I had a Honda that did that. It was a loose bettery connection in my case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got the dreaded "13" code (torque sensor) so I take it I'm basically hosed correct? I'm buying the whole power steering motor which is like a grand? UGH!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just had my EPS light start staying on; on my ‘07 so I thought I would post my findings on a couple threads in case it helps someone. Not sure if you’ve fixed your EPS yet. Here’s what happened to me. I was flushing my cooling system and sprayed water all over the place-EPS light came on with engine running- tried the WD40 down the eps breather trick- checked eps fuse and all related connectors- didn’t help- read about the diagnostic “ code flash feature” realized I had downloaded a full serv manual a while back and never thought to check it for diag info. Anyway, got a code 21 which is speed sensor. I knew I hadn’t done anything to the speed sensor wiring to cause a code to set so I decided to try just clearing the code to see if it returned ( automotive control modules set erroneous codes all the time ). Cleared the code and it DID NOT RETURN. The procedure is outlined in the service manual. Hope this might help some of you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh... and removing a battery cable WILL NOT clear the code. This system must store its dtc’s in the KeepAliveMemory section of the module.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine ended up being the torque sensor, it was sticking for whatever reason. Ended up scoring a used actuator and problem solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts