Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

It took 1 month

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lgetc 
#1 ·
Water Mesh Liquid Automotive tire Urban design

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Wood Tool

Well guys, I broke it. I am wondering if this is a freak accident or should I repair it with the "I'll never have this same problem." energy. I have placed an order for the Wild Boar radiator relocation kit. Only problems are: 1) I don't want to lose my high beam headlight 2) I don't want to have this problem again. I don't see my riding style changing anytime soon. The best I can tell, a stick clipped a blade on the fan and broke it. I'm not sure if at that time, the radiator got hit by the stick or a piece of the broken fan blade. Either way, both are being replaced. I am also thinking of saying screw the factory high beam, and wiring in one of these fancy light bars that some of the guys in my group have. They are brighter than my high beam headlight by a lot. Just wondering what you guys' thoughts are?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well, personally, I don't mud and absolutely hate the look of rad relocates on a bike. But that's just my opinion. But one thing I will say, is when you do relocate, you won't lose your only usefully high beam headlights. You will lose the pointless, useless pos 3rd light. No great loss.
Follow your gut, get an led light bar and mount it down at the base of your rad relocate and use the wires that went to that useless pos 3rd light to power your new bar. Problem not only solved, but improved.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, personally, I don't mud and absolutely hate the look of rad relocates on a bike. But that's just my opinion. But one thing I will say, is when you do relocate, you won't lose your only usefully high beam headlights. You will lose the pointless, useless pos 3rd light. No great loss.
Follow your gut, get an led light bar and mount it down at the base of your rad relocate and use the wires that went to that useless pos 3rd light to power your new bar. Problem not only solved, but improved.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
[emoji1787][emoji1787] feedback much appreciated friend
I haven't done a lot of night riding so I wasn't sure how "good" the 3rd light was. But I have seen my friends' light bars and they light the world up.

#4 ·
I'd go with the stick jamming the fan sounds a little far fletched:)but I was riding though a field getting it pretty good all of a sudden oil light came on.. I had jammed a piece of bloodweed up though alum full skid plates hit the oil filter just right and turned it a 1/2 turn no oil. I can see it happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.