Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here ever run 27" mega mayhems? i currently got bear claw HTR's but looking for something a bit more aggressive, these seem like a decent tire. Looking at 27X9X12 on the front and 27X11X12 on that back. Just looking for a bit of feedback on them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
ive been curious about these tires in the past but everyone told me to go with the zillaz, close to the same tread and much lighter, i have yet to make a tire purchase but i have been asking around about different tires and thats the only response ive gotten about the mega mayhem

·
Registered
277 Posts
From what others have said they run about an inch small and don't do well in the snow. They do have 3/8 in more lug than zillas but are a little heavier. They also look pretty badass. Zillas will definitely be better on trails mayhems probably better in the mud. Those big lugs will dig you down pretty quick so if you ride a lot of swampy bottomless stuff I might look else wear.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have that exact size. They do pretty good in the snow, just if it's deep and wet heavy snow, they will dig till they hit hard surface, most of the time leaving you high centered. They do measure small, next to the HTRs in 26" they are the same size. But I have yet to get stuck with these tires. Even on my first grizzly, 99 600, they pulled thru everything. They are heavier than most tires, but even with that old griz, I didn't notice a power loss. They are a bit rough riding, which air pressure affects greatly. But if you want a great mud tire, these are it. I think they are even cheaper than most of the other tires out there. I was actually thinking bout selling mine, don't ride deep mud much anymore, not sure where you are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i love my mega mayhem's, and yes the do run a little small and are a bit heavy but X2 to Grizzly600Raptor700 with the digging, i ride in light to moderate mud, so when the mayhem's get stuck.... they are stuck

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 28s. I can tell they're heavy but they dig and grab everything they can until you're actually stuck. I drive right around a lot of people. Next step is outlaws for mud. They are an awesome tire. Zillas might be a good option if you dont have any clutching done. I just have a jbs sheave and it does alright with them. 27s would be perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
They were on mine when i bought it so i don't know how many miles are on them. I've been beating the hell out of them for 2 years and they still look like new. I will definitely get another set when these ones wear out.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts