Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I feel that it should be public unless it turns to ugly name calling.
I feel it should only be public when there is definitive proof that someone screwed someone else.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your right it doesn't necessarily look like grind marks but looks as if a sanding wheel hit it. I really don't know what it is or from. I do come to the forums more than just buying and selling. I don't post much because I usually search for my answers rather than asking questions that have already been answered. I read a lot of post but don't feel the need to comment if it has already been answered by someone else. I like the forums and it has helped me with my bikes. This is my fourth grizzly to own.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't plan on any name calling. That's not me and it's not appropriate on here. If I would have known I was going to find this I would have videoed the complete event. So the proof I have is the pictures from when I pulled it out. You expect a all stock motor that's never been touched to be all stock. So I didn't think videoing to show proof if I found something wrong was necessary. So not really sure how else to prove this happened besides everything I've stated. Like I said if I was lieing just to make some of my money back from him, I would have told him to refund me some when he asked. I just don't think he really knows what part is correct and where it goes or has a good determination whether it's good or not. That's my opinion.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,307 Posts
Regardless of how this transaction went sour, my personal belief is that Jeffrojeffro was only on this forum to peddle parts, not contribute to the better of the community.

If he is only here to take advantage of the classifieds, a vendor status should be required.

Concerning this specific transaction and with others only interested in using the classifieds, caveat emptor.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I feel it should only be public when there is definitive proof that someone screwed someone else.
i feel like it can be public whenever someone wants to make it public. as with anywhere else on the internet... if you dont want to read it, than dont read it. if you dont think the seller messed up, then dont take it into account.

personally, if i am out there looking to buy something from someone online, and im worried about the seller's intentions, i want a google search to bring something like this up so i can make my own determination on what went down. even if the dermination is that i have no idea who was lying, it doesnt hurt to have it out there for public access.

ive had a lot of bad dealings with members(of other boards), and merchants that i wasnt getting anywhere with until the situation was made public. sometimes it is the only way to get a seller to respond. hopefully there is a good resolution.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Regardless of how this transaction went sour, my personal belief is that Jeffrojeffro was only on this forum to peddle parts, not contribute to the better of the community.

If he is only here to take advantage of the classifieds, a vendor status should be required.

Concerning this specific transaction and with others only interested in using the classifieds, caveat emptor.
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/site-help-comments/47171-10-posts-needed-post-pics-but-none-needed-classifieds.html

i feel like this is a good place to put this. the 2 times ive brought it up on here, it tends to get shot down by a single person, and not really much backing. im guessing the people in charge here really dont care why visitors are here. sponsors and ads pay based on site traffic, not community integrity.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you consider what g660 has done thus far on the forums as "contributing to the community"? Does he do more than just buying and selling ('peddle parts').

g660's own words appear to provide that answer:

g660 said:
"I do come to the forums more than just buying and selling. I don't post much because I usually search for my answers rather than asking questions that have already been answered. I read a lot of post but don't feel the need to comment".
If you don't think that Jeffrojeffro "... contributes to the better of the community ...", then you must think the same of g660 as well.

I don't have a dog in the fight. It just appears as if some of you are perfectly fine with someone calling out someone in public when it is nothing more than one guy's word against another guy's word.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i feel like it can be public whenever someone wants to make it public ... even if the dermination is that i have no idea who was lying, it doesnt hurt to have it out there for public access.
Guilty until proven innocent, eh?

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
I dunno, probably why I just give stuff away.

Hey NC', how is my rear brake caliber still doing?

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,307 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you consider what g660 has done thus far on the forums as "contributing to the community"? Does he do more than just buying and selling ('peddle parts').

g660's own words appear to provide that answer:

If you don't think that Jeffrojeffro "... contributes to the better of the community ...", then you must think the same of g660 as well.

I don't have a dog in the fight. It just appears as if some of you are perfectly fine with someone calling out someone in public when it is nothing more than one guy's word against another guy's word.
You are purposely, maybe mistakenly, taking things out of context.

Jeffrojeffro made a user in Dec '14 and all of his posts have been about selling his wares or in response to them.

Big difference from g660 where he made a user almost 5 years ago and then first went into trading parts locally. Does it appear that g660 is running a business?

Sorry, been using forums for well over 15 years so not my first rodeo when sniffing out someone taking advantage to peddle parts only.

If you don't see the difference, not my issue.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
First off JEFFRO as GOD is my witness with my hand on the bible that's IS the sheave that came off of your engine! My wife will stand proof as well.
And along with Idiggit and ATVbob I guess you mean contributing by posting findings? I'm not sure what yall really mean by that. I just do my searching. A lot of people ask questions that have been answered many times already. In other forums I'm in if you ask a question that is already answered in the search then you get lashed at. That's why I do t post much unless it's a new finding. In which I do need to make a post about the lean sensor mod I found. Everyone says to silicone it in place but all you need to do is take it apart and take the magnet out. Anyways that's another subject

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
To put it simply. It is well known it is BUYER BEWARE. Next time Beware

·
Registered
396 Posts
You are purposely, maybe mistakenly, taking things out of context.
Not at all. I simply quoted his very own words.

If you don't see the difference, not my issue.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ATVbob read my comment a couple up and explain to me what yall are meaning by contributing to the site. If you want you can pm me. Thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
And along with Idiggit and ATVbob I guess you mean contributing by posting findings?
I've apologized to you in advance each time I've said something because I wanted you to understand that I was only making a point -- I didn't want you to really think I was questioning your claim. I just get tired of people (not you -- others here) who jump to conclusions, blame people without proof, and don't have any problem labeling someone as a bad person/bad seller when they, admittedly, have NO clue as to what really happened (the truth). But, to each their own.

Regarding the sheave: Did you ask Jeffro where he got the ATV from? If he's buying and parting things out, maybe the previous owner did it and Jeffro wasn't aware of it? Just a thought.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ATVbob read my comment a couple up and explain to me what yall are meaning by contributing to the site. If you want you can pm me. Thanks.
I actually did below. Someone stated that Jeffro didn't 'contribute to the community'. I was simply pointing out that, from a contribution standpoint, neither did you.

I wasn't judging you for it (doesn't matter to me) - I was just making a point that RedRocket seemed to overlook in his haste to label Jeffro a 'bucket dipper' (as they called them in my youngest's elementary school).

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Guilty until proven innocent, eh?
lol. complete nonsense. did you even read what you quoted? at no point did i suggest that someone was guilty. but its the OP's right to post if he wants to. anyone can state anything they want. its up to you or i to take what we want from it.

so since you have such a good idea on what people should be putting out there... tell me... what is "definitive proof" in the bible of atvbob that determines what is allowed to be posted and what isnt? a screen shot of a conversation? a transcript of a conversation? a receipt? a photo? an admittance of guilt from the seller?

as i said, its not for you to say at what point someone takes a bad transaction in front of the public eye. look at ebay, or amazon ratings/feedback. do they require something be taken to court before someone is allowed to publicize their feedback on a seller? no.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,307 Posts
So, atvBob, in your opinion, since your opinion should be the only one that matters, please show me the evidence that says Jeffrojeffro is not taking advantage of the classifieds for what seems a business?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I gotcha ATV bob was just curious what yall meant to as contributing. And all JEFFRO keeps saying is it's a stock motor. He evidently bought the bike from a guy that wrecked it and was told it's all stock rather than verifying it I guess. And he said he opened the clutch cover but evidently he doesn't know a difference in what a sheave actually is supposed to look at. I think he just parts stuff out but doesn't really know what's right or wrong or whether a part is actually good or not. He just took the original owner of the motor word for it that it was all stock. But remember he did say he removed the clutch cover in which I knew that when 4 bolts stripped out from someone over tightening. Anyways I'm just ready for my parts to come in so I can run it and hopefully everything else is good! Thanks ATVbob.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.