Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm having a starting issue with my 07 Grizzly. I'm not hearing the fuel pump prime when I turn the key on, even though it turns over. It appears I may have burned a wire or two..... Any suggestions?
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Cable
Gas Auto part Electronic component Metal Cable

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2008 did the same the ground wire on the fuel pump relay seems to corrode and loose connection on many of these grizzly’s
My 2008 did the same the ground wire on the fuel pump relay seems to corrode and loose connection on many of these grizzly’s
Thanks for replying .... How did you fix the issue? Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! So would you happen to know what the 4 pin connector that I burnt is called? or where I can find one to order? I am assuming it would be best to cut all 4 wires and insert them into a new one.
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stripped the rotten ground wire back and put new pin on it
Thanks for replying .... How did you fix the issue? Thanks again.
Do you think you could help me through this? I am not electrically inclined. If I cut the 2 burnt wires back from the connector and wrapped the ends in electrical tape would that resolve the issue. Yamaha is not very helpfull they want to sell me an entire wiring assembly. I am sure this is an easy fix. I just dont want to do something that will make the situation worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The relay sends power to your fuel pump so you still have to have the relay hooked up but I believe the relay it all spade conectors so theoretically you can just crimp four spade conectors to your four wires and just conect them in the right spot to the relay bypassing the plug in… but it’ll probably short out and give you lots of greef so I recommend trying to salvage the plug

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,276 Posts
This website has been recommended by one of our other members before. You may want to search around on here to see if you can find the connector you are looking for - Motorcycle Connectors

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks but I couldnt find the connector there. I wiggled the wires around and seperated them and it started up so I know this is the issue. I pulled a wire out of the housing heard a snap inside the melted connector now I cant get it to start again...... How are these connectors not available? Local dealership said I will need a new wiring harness which will cost almost 900 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts
Which connector are you talking about in the pic? The white ones that are like a 9 pin molex going to the relays?
Circle the connector in your pic. Or better yet, unplug it and take a pic of the pins so I can help you find one.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Which connector are you talking about in the pic? The white ones that are like a 9 pin molex going to the relays?
Circle the connector in your pic. Or better yet, unplug it and take a pic of the pins so I can help you find one.

Thank you Sir..... The Diodes? You speak of going to the relays seem fine. As you can see from this photo it is a 4 pin connector that connects the red/blue wires. It should look like the connector with the 3 white wires to the lower left of it .... I have also noticed that while the quad is running the wire on the left side of the connector rapidly begins to heat up!! I have had my quad for 10 years with no issues and no mods. I just replaced the battery. Thanks again for you help :)

Electrical wiring Cable Gas Electronic device Wire

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts
I'm thinking it's just a 4 pin molex plug. Like this pic I've attached. It may be a heavy duty molex plug with thicker plastic. But even something like this would work for you, cut the cable in half and attach it to the end of your wires after you cut off the plugs. If your plug is getting hot, it's most likely a bad connection, either corrosion or loose fit, causing excessive resistance in the form of heat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm thinking it's just a 4 pin molex plug. Like this pic I've attached. It may be a heavy duty molex plug with thicker plastic. But even something like this would work for you, cut the cable in half and attach it to the end of your wife's after you cut off the plugs. If your plug is getting hot, it's most likely a bad connection, either corrosion or loose fit, causing excessive resistance in the form of heat.

Thanks so much for your reply. I cant see the photo of the 4 pin molex plug you suggested and also, could you clarify this statement ..... " cut the cable in half and attach it to the end of your wife's after you cut off the plugs" as I am not married :)

·
Super Moderator
1,576 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply. I cant see the photo of the 4 pin molex plug you suggested and also, could you clarify this statement ..... " cut the cable in half and attach it to the end of your wife's after you cut off the plugs" as I am not married :)
Oh just a sec.. little typo. I was talking about the white in my pic. The pic didn't upload... I'll try to fix it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts