Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Nice catch!! smelt fishing through the salt water ice is what most do here, shacks get pulled on as soon as the ice is safe, there is a few fresh water lakes open to fish big rainbow trout, great winter pass time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 in for the bike but i dont go out untill 10 in
my tires were studded at one point
the problem is the slush beds that form around pressure cracks or fresh deep now
i find my rear tires hop a bit in the deep snow i tried playing with the shocks but dosnt seem to help much

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I tried fishing on the ice once, no matter how much weight I used the Rapala lure just lay there...I could here the fish trying to break through the ice. I guess your fish are bigger and can get to the bait.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried fishing on the ice once, no matter how much weight I used the Rapala lure just lay there...I could here the fish trying to break through the ice. I guess your fish are bigger and can get to the bait.
Not looking good this year for ice

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,741 Posts
I'm not sure there is enough "anti-freeze" to get me to sit on ice waiting for that strike. However, I completely understand the draw and addiction to fish-on in any environment. I suspect a little twisting of the arm would get me to try it.

Reactions: 85Aluma
1 - 10 of 10 Posts