Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been seeing a lot of talk about the Bearclaw HTR's and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the EVO's. From the little reviews I have been able to find they look like they get pretty good reviews but I haven't seen any videos or any in depth reviews about how well they perform. The Kenda chart shows it should be better for most of the areas I will be riding in compared to the HTR's but the HTR's seem to be way more popular. I'm guessing since they are 8 ply vs 6 on the EVO's.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Been seeing a lot of talk about the Bearclaw HTR's and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the EVO's. From the little reviews I have been able to find they look like they get pretty good reviews but I haven't seen any videos or any in depth reviews about how well they perform. The Kenda chart shows it should be better for most of the areas I will be riding in compared to the HTR's but the HTR's seem to be way more popular. I'm guessing since they are 8 ply vs 6 on the EVO's.
The HTR's are more popular because they are a 8ply radial vs the EVO's which are a 6ply bias. I think that if you don't ride many rocks and more sand, mud, swamp, etc. they would would very nicely. I have been told they are a good tire.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have the blackwater evo's and they are also 8 ply radials. I've had both tires the HTR's on my old Atv and the Evos on my Grizzly. Both tires are good tires but the Evo's are a little heavy but have had great luck with them so far. Not saying they are the best tire out but I like them and they do great with my style of riding. Anyway good luck with your tire hunt you have lots of great tires tires to choose from.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have the blackwater evo's and they are also 8 ply radials. I've had both tires the HTR's on my old Atv and the Evos on my Grizzly. Both tires are good tires but the Evo's are a little heavy but have had great luck with them so far. Not saying they are the best tire out but I like them and they do great with my style of riding. Anyway good luck with your tire hunt you have lots of great tires tires to choose from.[/quote @Blklab he is asking about a version of the Bearclaws called evos.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yes, I realized after I responded that it was a different tire the Blackwater Evolution is sometimes called an Evo for short sorry for the mix up. Anyway good luck with your tire search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts