Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out how to post pictures. Figured I'd start by posting pictures of my kids new rides. A 2018 Yamaha YFZ 50 (Raptor 50 in the USA), and a 2018 Yamaha PW50 dirt bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Very nice toys, and very lucky kids! Awsome you get to enjoy the hobby with your family.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
?

Any idea who makes the yfz50 for Yamaha? (assuming some company like kymco does)

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?

Any idea who makes the yfz50 for Yamaha? (assuming some company like kymco does)
From what I can tell, it's a full fledged Yamaha built machine. Its using Yamaha specific hardware and build designs.
But I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kids still haven't seen them yet. Going to take them out soon to better fitted in full gear. Then get them out when the weather warms.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kids still haven't seen them yet. Going to take them out soon to better fitted in full gear. Then get them out when the weather warms.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice rides.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Awesome. I was under the impression that AEON was making Yamaha’s youth machines. E-Ton was making them back in ‘12 or ‘13 but I heard they went out of business. Too bad. My son’s Raptor 90 by E-Ton would scream. I paced him at 28MPH before I promptly turned it down a bit. If it’s an AEON, it will say so on the motor someplace. AEON also manufactures youth machines for Polaris and both my kids machines have AEON on the motor. They also have kick start. Does yours? We went with the PoPo only because their youth machines have headlights and my son’s 90 has reverse, which he wanted. The daughter’s 50 does not.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Got my son a 2018 Honda recon 250

Attachments

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
Very cool too! Looks like he can barely contain his happiness.

Reactions: jesus_is_lord

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Awesome. I was under the impression that AEON was making Yamaha’s youth machines. E-Ton was making them back in ‘12 or ‘13 but I heard they went out of business. Too bad. My son’s Raptor 90 by E-Tom would scream. I paced him at 28MPH before I promptly turned it down a bit. If it’s an AEON, it will say so on the motor someplace. AEON also manufactures youth machines for Polaris and both my kids machines have AEON on the motor. They also have kick start. Does yours? We went with the PoPo only because their youth machines have headlights and my son’s 90 has reverse, which he wanted. The daughter’s 50 does not.
I'll take a closer look to see. I don't really care who builds it really....buy it's still nice to know.
This YFZ50 has electric start. It's fully automatic with no reverse.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My kids Atv is 2016 Polaris Sportsman 110 fuel injected.
It’s an AEON made motor ( maybe more)
Runs like a top and hauls my 195lbs butt quite nicely.
With my 9 year old 75 lbs kid, it’s rips.
I have the throttle adjusted in the free play to make it easier on the thumb, in doing so, it only gives him 2/3 throttle. He doesn’t know. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I chose the Polaris for Reverse gear and the full fender coverage, Racks, and the 6” of suspension travel. Others have like 2” of travel. His machine rides plush.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Your all good dads, and the kids could care less who makes what.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yes they are! Would someone adopt me and buy me a brand new quad? Yeah the kids could care less, as long as it goes fast.

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
My kids Atv is 2016 Polaris Sportsman 110 fuel injected.
It’s an AEON made motor ( maybe more)
Runs like a top and hauls my 195lbs butt quite nicely.
With my 9 year old 75 lbs kid, it’s rips.
I have the throttle adjusted in the free play to make it easier on the thumb, in doing so, it only gives him 2/3 throttle. He doesn’t know. Ha.

That 110 came out not long after we got my son his Sportsman 90. He’s 100lbs now so I figure I’ll just have to get him something larger like a recon for his next machine. But that 90 will still scoot pretty well.

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Your all good dads, and the kids could care less who makes what.
Absolutely. However, the dads are the wrench turners. lol. I have had my kids helping me with that for annual maintenance. Surprisingly, my 6 year old daughter is more into the maintenance aspect than my 9 year old son is.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I want more Ground clearance for my kids 110.
It’s pretty low under the rear skid bar.
I put 20” tires to replace the 18’s. but am going to 22” soon.
Gonna lower the front sprocket a tooth or 2 to help out. But really, at my kids current 75lbs it still burns the tires on takeoff so it’ll spin the 22” tires just fine.

Reactions: RDC and okbear
1 - 20 of 49 Posts