Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes.

On a grizzly 600 is there a switch or anything that is suppose to kill the motor when the ATV is flipped or rolled? Long story short i flipped my 99 grizzly 600 and i was holding it back from rolling on top of my with one leg but the machine kept running upside down wheels kept spinning for about 20-30 seconds before the guys i was riding with were able to get to me and turn the ATV off. I know when i flipped my raptor 700 that shut off so i was curious if these grizzly's are suppose to also.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
No on that one sir. The Grizzly 600, nor the 660, have a roll-over or angle switch.
That feature is only on the fuel injected models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No on that one sir. The Grizzly 600, nor the 660, have a roll-over or angle switch.
That feature is only on the fuel injected models.
thank you for the response. Im kind of surprised they don't have that on the carburetor ATVs.

·
Registered
311 Posts
To be honest I am surprised with all the lawsuits and stuff these days it doesn't have a tether like I have on outboard motors or jetski's.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I'm sure it's coming, but the reason for the kill switch tethers on watercraft is that if you fall overboard a boat will go in circles until it runs out of gas with the very real potential that it will run over you and chop you into pieces with the propeller, or knock you out resulting in a drowning. If you fall off an ATV, it just rolls to a stop when the throttle lever is let go of. Of course, they are not counting on us rolling them over on top of ourselves, LOL!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts