Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a kodiak 400 that won’t rev up in neutral or in gear!! When I bought it it sat for a year with gas in it so everything was gunked up, I cleaned carb thoroughly and put a carb kit in and the bike will now idle decently but when I hit the throttle it’s almost like a rev limiter, will rev to what I would say is 1/4 then hesitate for a second then get a tad bit higher but won’t rev out. When you try and drive it it just won’t go over 10 mph. When I first got it and tried starting it up we got it started and it was revving up like it was supposed to but ran badly because of a dirty carb and then it just stopped after a while? I noticed the oil level was low too and I know it has a leak somewhere down bottom but would too low of an oil level cause it to do that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention it’s a 2003 model. I tried unplugging the parking brake switch to see if t was that as well as the reverse limiter bypass and nothing. The carb is perfectly cleaned

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Sounds like it it reved fine before the carb work but won't now it's something in the carb probably.

·
Premium Member
10,673 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Check the float level for enough gas to get under way, not just at idle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like it it reved fine before the carb work but won't now it's something in the carb probably.
I noticed there’s a missing o ring on the plastic piece inside the drapragm for the needle, think that could have anything to do with it?
Also it revved up like it should when we first got it running but after 5 mins it stopped, then we took carb apart because it was gummed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts