Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold a Grizzly 700. It had a lift and huge tires. Just too big for me. Also sold a 03 Big Bear 400. Wanting to get a 2021 Kodiak 450 EPS SE(hard to find right now) Came across someone selling two 2018 Kodiak 450's. Both have less than 200 miles on them. Both titles in hand. 10K for both. What's everyone think about the 450's. I do have another Grizzly 350 I could sell and keep the 450's.
Todd

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Why not give'm a try.......
See if they fit your area conditions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not give'm a try.......
See if they fit your area conditions.
Thanks Jim.....My Grizzly 350 can handle all the area habitat we run around in. Waiting on the owner to reply so I can go look at them personally...But I believe I'm doing the deal if they still available. And I will just sell the Grizzly 350

·
Registered
468 Posts
My coworker has an 08 450 Kodiak, great little bike, while I can obviously leave him in the dust with my 700 Kodiak if I just crack it and take off. But just normal trail riding, that bike works great. He's never had a power issue, it has plenty to get him where he needs to go. Best part is the lack of maintenance he's had to do in the 12 years he has owned it. He's done front brakes twice, and only a couple wheel bearing on the front. Still running his original belt. He's done full oil changes every spring.
I say grab the 450s, you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My coworker has an 08 450 Kodiak, great little bike, while I can obviously leave him in the dust with my 700 Kodiak if I just crack it and take off. But just normal trail riding, that bike works great. He's never had a power issue, it has plenty to get him where he needs to go. Best part is the lack of maintenance he's had to do in the 12 years he has owned it. He's done front brakes twice, and only a couple wheel bearing on the front. Still running his original belt. He's done full oil changes every spring.
I say grab the 450s, you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Ended up not getting the 450.....My employer(Shell Oil) decided they were shutting down our refinery in Louisiana and we all will be out of a job by the end of February. So now isnt a good time to be purchasing a new 4 wheeler. I did just recently bought me a 06 Kodiak 400 so I atleast have a bike for hunting season. And it will get me past the plant shutting down..

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2014 kodi 450.eps...nice machine and a real workhorse. Rides like a tank and the eps is well...its there... rode my neighbors polaris sportsman 570 and bought one..got a 18 570 eps...what a difference in the ride....very comfortable, great fuel economy and tows what I need...but the kodi plows like a champ 😁

·
Registered
54 Posts
One more thing, I wish the kodi had better brakes..they suck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts