Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, hoping someone can help me out here. I own a 2000 Kodiak 400 ultramatic which I love, but now don't trust. every couple rides it seems I have the same fuel issue. An hour or so into the ride, I stop getting fuel delivered to the carb and the atv quits. there is no fuel In the filter. If I play with the fuel shut off switch I can get the fuel to flow, but does the same thing a few miles later. Ive had the carb rebuilt three times, changed the petcock and cleaned the tank, changed the filter, new gas cap, I'm out of ideas. I only use highest grade fuel. Thanks in advance for any responses

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just a guess(don't know if it even has one) is there a separate breather line going to the tank, could be pinched/blocked, inlet spigot could be blocked in tank, breather line to carby bowl vent blocked, sometimes we just pull the breather lines off & let em hang, but they could have an issue out of sight from panels etc, good luck with it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try changing to a new fuel hose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So since my initial post I have done the following: new gas cap and
Vent line, removed and cleaned tank, replaced
Petcock again, changed all fuel lines and clear fuel filter. No change in the problem at all. Now I'm thinking something in the carb is wrong, which I'm not comfortable playing with so ordered a carb kit and having it cleaned again. Very frustrating for me as I'm itching to go riding again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any updates Bertie? Do you have a picture of your setup? Is it entirely stock? When you say you replaced the petcock, are you replacing the entire unit with the 2 attached filters as well?

Are you replacing the carb parts yourself?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My atv is all stock, ran a new fuel line from the tank to the carb, no filter. Installed new
Petcock with the filters attached. Carb was done by a tech not me. Runs and idles great, haven't been out for a ride yet. Hoping this weekend. Tech blames the fuel filter. Hope he's right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts