Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was servicing my brakes and noticed a leak above my oil filter. Machine has roughly 600km and has had the stator replaced anyone deal with yamaha protection plan its under extended warranty still. I cleaned it with brake clean ran 1 heat cycle then left it for a hour and it was still seeping.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive fuel system Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Rim

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo sold 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,615 Posts
Is it a yes warranty? Id contact ur dealer with pics and see what they say

Reactions: reogem

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
The oil is not pressurized in that area. They may be able to retorque the case bolts. If the gasket or case was nicked then they will need to split the case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just dropped it off dealer acknowledged it was sweating a bit. And that there's no gasket. And he would take his own pictures to send for a warranty work order. He didn't seem happy about the 10 days of warranty left. But that's why I paid for it and with 600km on it I would say a "sweating case" is not acceptable?

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,357 Posts
But that's why I paid for it and with 600km on it I would say a "sweating case" is not acceptable?
No question!

In no way should you feel bad about it. You paid extra for that warranty and should be 100% intact until the day it expires. It's not your fault the leak wasn't recognized until recently. It is Yamaha's fault it is leaking, they owe you a repair. I don't see where the problem is (dealer didn't seem happy about only 10 days left) since the dealer will get paid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts