Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 660 Grizzly Wetlands, Kenda Bearclaw HTR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the typical axle popping out issue that everyone says is common with the 2003 Grizzly 660s? Can it be fixed with the Gorilla Square clips? Should the seal be replaced too? What else should I be looking for when I take this apart?

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2003 grizzly and that never happened to me, the bike has 12000kms and still original axles, but I’ll be interested in your situation as it still could happen to me

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
It does happens.
The c-clip may have been install wrong. A new one installed properly seems to fix it.
Might want to check the knuckle bushing also check that the rear diff is mounted tight.
I would replace the seal since it torn apart.

·
Registered
2003 660 Grizzly Wetlands, Kenda Bearclaw HTR
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the splines are shot on the left axle. The inner circle clip was near destroyed. Outer bearing a little stiff. Right axle looks fine, but outer bearing a little stiff too. I decided to just replace both rear axles, both inner seals, and both outer bearings since I have it all apart. The splines inside the diff appear fine. I just cleaned them up real good. I wondering if I should use the Gorilla square clips I ordered, or just use what's on the new axles. Any thoughts? Hopefully this gets me another 18 yrs! LOL

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts