Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got off the phone with my local Yamaha Dealer. Ordered a Lejab snow plow with all the accessories for my Grizzly.
It's swedish made snow plow and it's sold thru the Yamaha Dealers as a original accessory for your Grizzly.

Reactions: Mccdan

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
To me it seams like a while lot of pissing around compared to a standard mount or front mount plow. Also doesn't seam as stable/sturdy

·
Registered
895 Posts
That looks like a well thought out system. It seems like they are trying to achieve the better attack angle of a rear mount and the higher lift of a front mount without losing a whole lot of clearance when removed. I really like the wings that can be added to the plow. It would be nice to be able to cut a bigger swath when dealing with fresh powder and then going back to narrow width for heavier snow. Is it made entirely of aluminum or is that galvanized?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this plow because it's popular here in Sweden and people who owns it says it's durable. It's made out of steel and is elctrogalvanized afterwards. This extra steel frame even the stress out from the front to the back of the ATV. So the frame of the ATV will be released from some stress.
It has a plastic shield in front of the blade that will cause the snow to leave the blade easier. I have the plan to powder coat the entire plow construction next summer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And of course I think the electrical switch that brake to the circuit to the winch when raised to the top position, is a nice feature. No stress to the plow when you pull the plow to it's top position. Just adjust the switch to brake the circuit before the front arm reaches it's dead end.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Looks very similar to the Swisher Universal setup that is available in the US.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Like all of the accessories you can get there, it looks well thought out and solid to me.
The switch seems nice, but I wonder if snow and ice might accumulate there? Just a thought, very well might not be an issue.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
I want to know where I can get those bear claw chains too?
I can't a set like that here anywhere to fit a ATV period, but more importantly in the 27" size.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to know where I can get those bear claw chains too?
I can't a set like that here anywhere to fit a ATV period, but more importantly in the 27" size.
They are sold thru Yamaha Sweden as a original accessory.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I couldn't understand a thing he was saying, but it was an interesting video anyways......THANKS!

That plow idea is great....to bad we don't see that style for sale here in America.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I got my plow. I live in the countryside, so we only get the delivery trucks going by once a week. The only problem I had with assembling the plow was the attachment to the Grizzly. Was a very tight fit. The rest was done in some minutes. Too late to really try it out today, but tomorrow I'll be back =)

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Throw up some pictures that show detail too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today I added the spacers for the front shock springs to increase the pre tension of the springs.

And for that I had to build a spring compressor to get the shocks unassembled. Sorry about the out of focus shot of the construction.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Interesting idea with the spacers. Is that another Swedish Yamaha original part?

Would be nice to have two front shock sets, one with spacers for plow duty, one without for summer spirited rides. Would be cheaper than a set of Elkas.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting idea with the spacers. Is that another Swedish Yamaha original part?

Would be nice to have two front shock sets, one with spacers for plow duty, one without for summer spirited rides. Would be cheaper than a set of Elkas.
Yeah, that is correct. Original Swedish =)
I would like a winter shock for plowing and Elka's for summer. I would like Öhlins on my Grizzly, but they are more expensive than Elka's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have had this plow now for a couple of weeks. Have some hours behind the bars now plowing the snow. At my house it's easy, slow moving plowing that is done. No problem at all, and it shouldn't be a problem either. I'm also plowing a road for a neighbour and that is also easily done. The road is maybe 2 km long and the width of the plow is much appreciated when plowing so far.

I have ordered spikes for the tires now. A bit icy below the snow, so the tires looses traction quite often.

The tip is 4 mm tall and it's hardened steel (tungsten carbide). Hope I get them soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I got the spikes for the tires and I screwed them in. 260 spikes grabbing the ice now. I tried to push a lot of snow straight forward on a icy bottom. You hear the engine have to work harder, so better grip then.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yesterday I got my circuit breaker for the plow. When the plow is almost in it's top dead position, the switch breaks the circuit for the winch. No risk to break the wire or the plow. Perfect!

Reactions: reogem and it400
1 - 20 of 27 Posts