Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
79 Posts

Just got mine back from the repair shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freighted lol, my ranger rides the same way with the kodiak on the back. Gotta get some 4/1 leafpacks.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did the ricochet full powder coated armor on the Grizzly XTR. Here the video of it. What do y’all think? Black powder coated or bare aluminum which one looks better?
2020 Grizzly XTR SE Ricochet skid plates powder coated black walk around

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I think it looks great powder coated, only thing that I would question is would the paint scratch off in time revealing the aluminum, also the head of the bolts on the main frame plate would they catch on the rocks and get bent sideways, I believe mine are counter sunk to prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
2018 Grizzly
21 Posts
I think it looks great powder coated, only thing that I would question is would the paint scratch off in time revealing the aluminum, also the head of the bolts on the main frame plate would they catch on the rocks and get bent sideways, I believe mine are counter sunk to prevent that from happening.
I agree with you on the paint getting scraped off which is why I went with the brushed aluminum on mine. As far as the bolts go they are a rounded off T40 bolt head. After 2 years of riding I have yet to snap one off. I like it better than the recessed hole ones when it comes time to remove and clean underneath. I only need to get the grit out of the T40 opening.

I believe that any aftermarket skid plates are better than the stockers...

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
They are a nice set of skids ricochet has to offer, great protection, my factory aluminum skids did not come with the foot well plates, I had to order aftermarket, plus I had to cut holes to match the factory cleanouts in the foot wells, I noticed ricochet has them cut to match the holes which is nice, one thing about factory aluminum plates they fit perfect to the bolt holes, no struggling trying to get the skids to line up with the holes and perfect gaps between the plates for frame movement, the factory aluminum skids are more pricy though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
See
I am really not very rough on my ATV as it mostly stays on my property. But in time the bottom might scratch a little and that is ok as it is not going to rust or anything. Plus the parts that are visible will still mostly look fine. Coming from Jeep world I powder coated everything and it held up well. Of course all that was steal and when it scratched we touched up with semi gloss paint.
My main reason for Powder coating was to keep the finished look like factory and did not like the shiny stuff personally.

Also no way those bolts are catching on anything unless you only ride in rock garden with sharp giant rocks and depend on sliding on plates which I believe non of us do. At the very worst the bolt might scratch a little but that would not affect anything.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The rear of that King Quad isn't much to look at. The Grizzly dominates that thing

·
Registered
337 Posts
My 2014 in Stealth Black and My 2016...... P9180002.JPG PA100028.JPG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking Tight Mike!!

HDHP
Nice looking grizzly, careful with those rear foot pegs, I damn near snapped my leg clean off getting off my bike when one peg came down without me realizing.

281 - 300 of 330 Posts