Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

441 - 460 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
where did you get those? that looks a hell of alot better then the dumb stickers..
You can get them on ebay, he has them for other yamahas too, ahead of you msg him, he can change them around, you get the 3 rivited on badges, i asked about getting the big paw print on the small square instead of the yammie tuning fork logo, and he said no prob.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly SE, 2018 Kodiak 700 SE
118 Posts
Finally got my shocks installed. I’ve had them on my wife’s Kodiak for a few years now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You can get them on ebay, he has them for other yamahas too, ahead of you msg him, he can change them around, you get the 3 rivited on badges, i asked about getting the big paw print on the small square instead of the yammie tuning fork logo, and he said no prob.

thats awesome thanks.. so what are they called? grizzly stickers lol

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,969 Posts
One suggestion on the aftermarket plaques but keep in mind I have not put those on mine. I've seen mention of it is kind of a pain to remove the Yamaha warning plaques as there is adhesive on the back. The OEM warning plaques get ruined in the process, not that many care. If I were going to put those aftermarket plaques on, I'd get a thin backing color piece and make it the exact same size as the aftermarket plaque. Drill out the warning plaque OEM rivets, then put the backing plate and aftermarket plaque on there, new rivets to hold them. If you go to sell the bike, drill out the rivets, remove the aftermarket plaque/backing plate, new rivets, done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One suggestion on the aftermarket plaques but keep in mind I have not put those on mine. I've seen mention of it is kind of a pain to remove the Yamaha warning plaques as there is adhesive on the back. The OEM warning plaques get ruined in the process, not that many care. If I were going to put those aftermarket plaques on, I'd get a thin backing color piece and make it the exact same size as the aftermarket plaque. Drill out the warning plaque OEM rivets, then put the backing plate and aftermarket plaque on there, new rivets to hold them. If you go to sell the bike, drill out the rivets, remove the aftermarket plaque/backing plate, new rivets, done.
That seems like a good idea.. I dont beleive i will be selling my bike but i guess just in case.. I think the warning crap just doesnt look good..Need to show the beauty of the grizzly.. Now im in search of a set of 12" rims. Just basically stole a set of Swamp Foxs.. $40 for all 4 tires.. They were on a machine for 50kms so basically brand new.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I would purposely destroy the oem plates anyways. Studid that they rivit them on and mold the fenders for them. Stickers is all they need concidering 99% of owners remove all that garbage.
This is the first I've ever heard of adhesive behind the rivit on ones though. Mine don't look to have anything, one even has a tiny bit of play sugesting it's just rivited. There was no adhesive in the youtube vid where a guy added these to his 450 kodiak.

·
Grizzled
3,969 Posts
Yeah, like mentioned I haven't done this myself so I can't confirm there is adhesive on those warning plates. Those aftermarket plaques have always caught my attention and I just recall multiple Grizzly 700 owners saying the OEM warning plaque got ruined in the process of removing it. And I can swear they said because of adhesive used... but I'd like to know for sure or maybe newer models don't have adhesive???

I suppose I don't know the laws in Canada for aftermarket sales of items, just a suggestion if those need to be intact.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly SE, 2018 Kodiak 700 SE
118 Posts
There was adhesive on them. They did get messed up taking them off, but if you really want to reinstall them they are on eBay for $29 for the complete set.

·
Grizzled
3,969 Posts
@dlightcap thanks for the confirmation on that. I thought I had read that and then second guessed that my memory was failing me :whistle:

Yes, $29 isn't too much for replacement plaques but could also buy beer inplace of those dumb warning plaques (y)

Reactions: wgc

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah, like mentioned I haven't done this myself so I can't confirm there is adhesive on those warning plates. Those aftermarket plaques have always caught my attention and I just recall multiple Grizzly 700 owners saying the OEM warning plaque got ruined in the process of removing it. And I can swear they said because of adhesive used... but I'd like to know for sure or maybe newer models don't have adhesive???

I suppose I don't know the laws in Canada for aftermarket sales of items, just a suggestion if those need to be intact.
Yeah that's been debated over ahead over and nobody can show any proof that warning stickers need to be on it for resale. I think it's a load of bs, a myth someone started years ago. I can't see how that would ever hold up, ive seen so many bikes out on the trail with those plates worn smooth and shiny from guys putting thier feet up for water crossings. And the actual stickes fade and wear off over time. That's my reasoning for saying it's bs.

I'm going out to do some work on the bike here as soon as my movie is over, i may just drill out those rivits access remove the plaques just to see.

·
Registered
783 Posts
@dlightcap thanks for the confirmation on that. I thought I had read that and then second guessed that my memory was failing me :whistle:

Yes, $29 isn't too much for replacement plaques but could also buy beer inplace of those dumb warning plaques (y)
Beer is a much better option... Or better yet ... Rum

441 - 460 of 478 Posts