Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
541 - 560 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
114 Posts
Those flares look great...love the fit and finish. I'll be curious how you feel down the road about any diminished ability to snake through trees (if any)? Thats the only gripe I hear folks say about them, is reduced clearance and increased width/ footprint. Seems it would certainly be worth the trade off to me?
I ride with a Wolverine x2 and a couple of teryx 4’s one is the wider “S” model. The width isn’t an issue for me but I took a few picture to see how far out the stick past the stock fenders. Looks like 3” at the max and down to 1.5” or so in spots.

with the 10” wide zillas on the front, I need something to keep the rocks from pelting my rear fenders
Plant Wood Terrestrial plant Font Tints and shades

Sleeve Bicycle tire Wood Tints and shades Waist

·
Registered
121 Posts
I ride with a Wolverine x2 and a couple of teryx 4’s one is the wider “S” model. The width isn’t an issue for me but I took a few picture to see how far out the stick past the stock fenders. Looks like 3” at the max and down to 1.5” or so in spots.

with the 10” wide zillas on the front, I need something to keep the rocks from pelting my rear fenders View attachment 101821
View attachment 101820
Thats not bad at all, look to me like they'll provide great coverage...look fwd to a report or two. ;) (y)

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice. Your bike looks brand new now. Any idea how long this took you all together?

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS SE
37 Posts
you love those hand warmers. does that boss front box come with the light?
You ain't kiddin'! Got to ride a little bit last night with the new Heat Demon....holy sh!tbats what a difference. It's been like 0 to 20 degrees out a lot lately lol, so it's miserable out there. These things are top shelf, for sure! Totally worth it....and they sent an extra quad zone kit lol.....unreal! 2 sets for 190 Smackers! So my nephew got the other for his new '19 Sportsman 850sp.

Yup, the BOSS box is model ATV95LRGB.....comes with the light bar. Not the brightest of them all, but it helps tremendously out there, and creates basically what I call an "orb" of light....much more light above and to the sides of the stock headlights. I like it. 48 Cree LEDs it says. I had the ATVB95LED model on there but the connection between the handlebar mounted controller and the unit broke, so it's on the shelf until I can get it fixed. Both models come with the LED bar. The only difference being the RGB model has LEDs around the 8" woofers and those lights have their own little wireless remote to control the color, speed and pattern of the LEDs. 🤟

If you get one, I highly recommend sealing it all up with some clear silicone sealant. Basically, you gotta "finish" the unit, because it isn't as waterproof as they would like you to believe lol.

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
You ain't kiddin'! Got to ride a little bit last night with the new Heat Demon....holy sh!tbats what a difference. It's been like 0 to 20 degrees out a lot lately lol, so it's miserable out there. These things are top shelf, for sure! Totally worth it....
As you like the ride with the heated grips, add a set of grip mitts. They deflect the wind on your knuckles, help seal the cuff of your coat and hold the heat. I start my heated grips on level 5, then have to turn the heat down after a few minutes :)
And you'll wish you kept the second set for later replacement; I ride my heated grips all year and keep the mitts in the rear box just in case, they are nice in a summer storm but the grip surface wears out in about a year. I've not had to replace the control unit, just the grips.
https://flic.kr/p/i8x77p

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
114 Posts
I have a set of those handlebar mitts that I’ve used on my snowmobile. We were on a 600 mile trip in 2020 and one morning it was -42 and I was glad I had them. At speeds averaging 60-80mph they kept me comfortable. They do limit your ability, with large mitts on your hands, to apply the breaks quickly.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Picked up a mean Green 2012 Grizzly 450 EPS to add to my Grizzly collection.
Only 900 miles , very nice condition. Been wanting one of these for year's

This is my favorite woods platform ever made. My 07 400 Grizzly is nice , but doesn't have diff lock , or H/L Range like this 450 does. My 2016 700 is too big for getting between trees. The 450 is perfect.
Wheel Snow Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Snow Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
121 Posts
Picked up a mean Green 2012 Grizzly 450 EPS to add to my Grizzly collection.
Only 900 miles , very nice condition. Been wanting one of these for year's

This is my favorite woods platform ever made. My 07 400 Grizzly is nice , but doesn't have diff lock , or H/L Range like this 450 does. My 2016 700 is too big for getting between trees. The 450 is perfect.
View attachment 101866 View attachment 101867 View attachment 101868
Looks like its in fantastic condition...nice find! (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,965 Posts
Yup, those are powermadd sentinel hand guards, exactly same ones I have on my Kodiak. Love them. Saved my knuckles multiple times already from branches, flying rocks, large insects, cold wind and if you get caught out in pouring rain, they really help keep hands warmer. They make a lice little set of mirrors for them, I've got them just haven't installed them on mine yet. They have kind of a cool led accent light for them too but they are a bit expensive for what you get.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

541 - 560 of 593 Posts