Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,299 Posts
That's what I think they are also. I've been looking at them very closely to put on my Grizzly. But, I am wondering which handguard mount he used. I've seen most people say they use the tri-mount. But, it looks like he used the ATV & Motorcycle mount.
Yes, the mounts, I believe, he has are the same as the ones I used, the Powermadd ATV & MX mount kit (34452). Although I did not mount mine on the OEM handlebars, mine were mounted on Renthal Fatbar using Rox risers. I believe the OEM handlebars might still have a tab welded on them that could interfere with the 34452 mounts but someone at Powermadd should be able to confirm/deny.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Yes, the mounts, I believe, he has are the same as the ones I used, the Powermadd ATV & MX mount kit (34452). Although I did not mount mine on the OEM handlebars, mine were mounted on Renthal Fatbar using Rox risers. I believe the OEM handlebars might still have a tab welded on them that could interfere with the 34452 mounts but someone at Powermadd should be able to confirm/deny.
Gotcha. So it's more like a system...buy the bracket you want, the Sentinel handguard, and then the Sentinel mirror kit. Explains why I didn't find that exact one as shown, but I see how to get there now. Going on the wishlist.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,299 Posts
Exactly. BTW, I do like the mirrors but they are a bit small to see much detail. I can see when others are behind me if they have their lights on, without lights on, it would be very hard to see someone. Of course that is out trail riding so not sure if you have a different purpose for the mirrors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys! I’m pretty new here. Lots of cool Grizzlies in this thread! Here’s my 2018. I did the full EHS package with the Barker duals and just had a JBS clutch kit installed today. She rips now! It easily pulls the front up with the 28” Zillas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Totaled my 2016 in the Black Hills. Rolled it down a hill.
Welcome to GC and it sucks for the end outcome, hope FLO is on your side. If you need to part it out, I'll take the wheels and tires and you can get rid of the handguards to Wheelsqaud.
As for comments on the Sentinel Handguards, they are excellent. The mirrors are no better than tin foil, sorry RR, no makeup in these mirrors, buy a real one with glass. The lights were reviewed earlier, and after many miles, I still think it's better for oncoming riders to see you than it is to see out front from the bars. It's a COB led at 200 lumens which can be bought for under 10 dollars elsewhere. I'm happy with mine though....leave it at that. https://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-accessories/82714-powermadd-sentinels-led-inserts.html
Sorry you rolled your Grizz, welcome to GC, and let us know when you want to part it out.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Exactly. BTW, I do like the mirrors but they are a bit small to see much detail. I can see when others are behind me if they have their lights on, without lights on, it would be very hard to see someone. Of course that is out trail riding so not sure if you have a different purpose for the mirrors.
I could care less about seeing the people behind me on the trails ;) actually just to have something to help with seeing trees and stuff behind me as I'm trying to navigate through the woods, especially shed hunting in the spring. Since I don't have the torso strength to turn enough to see what's behind me. Plus my cervical spinal fusion restricts how much I can twist my neck.

Gonna look into these for sure since I had recently decided I wanted handguards anyway.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,299 Posts
Then back to @Hammerhead 's point about the mirrors are not very good to see with. They are convex and small which makes for a really hard time seeing anything in them while moving other than headlights. But, the mirror add-ons are only like $25 so not outrageous.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Totaled my 2016 in the Black Hills. Rolled it down a hill.
I hope the Griz is the only thing that rolled down the hill! Sorry about the Griz but they are easier to fix and can be replaced. Glad you’re around to make a post about it.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome to gc from Maine. Very nice grizz you have there.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
i use this hand mirror, slip it over my left hand . I can hold it up and look back any time , no fixed mirrors to break off. I use it all the when i'm riding with a group to check and make sure the ATV behind me is still coming .Amazon has them .

Raider Hand Mirror for Motorcycle/Snowmobile/ATV/UTV/PWC

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thrashing the Hills of Tennssee

A few weeks ago during the La Follette TN Atv fest. Bought it second hand a week before with less than 100 miles on her.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Nice ride, Tennessee has a lot of good riding and atv/utv festival'. I really want to get down your way and check things out.and welcome to GC from Missouri! ! !

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
A few weeks ago during the La Follette TN Atv fest. Bought it second hand a week before with less than 100 miles on her.
I went to it last year but missed it this year due to being at Hatfield and McCoy. It was pretty cool and I hope to make it back next year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its not bad at all. It is honestly quieter than my wolverine 350. But definitely has a really deep rumble when getting on it at lower RPM's

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went to it last year but missed it this year due to being at Hatfield and McCoy. It was pretty cool and I hope to make it back next year.

It was definitely a great time. We rode about 40 miles through there challenging ride which wasn't bad at all. I am from Ohio so it was nice to go down there and ride on some really nice trails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Breaking in the new Griz

My new 2019 700 Griz SE with my 2010 Griz recently, Tughill NY region.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,063 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
It seems Yamaha has been good to you. I haven't been to your neck of the woods, how about a new thread with more pictures?

161 - 180 of 217 Posts