1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes! Finally! I'm looking for the perfect, under rack mounted led light bar. Please, do tell... Exactly what you got, light, wiring, clamps etc... ??? Links?? Help!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
WHOA!!! I just looked that bar up and it's $474??? There's gotta be a cheaper way to get some good LED love you front!!??

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
WHOA!!! I just looked that bar up and it's $474??? There's gotta be a cheaper way to get some good LED love you front!!??
You can pick up Totron lights for 1/3ish the price of Rigid. They work great and unless you out the two side by side, you'd never know the difference.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,663 Posts
Just a FYI on the light bars. Had a "conversation" with the design engineer at diodedynamics.com where this guy is concentrating on LED mirror optics to produce sharper and brighter lighting. Everything he was saying made a lot of sense however I have not tried his stuff. He has comparison images you can look at on the site. Would be nice to replace my Totron 12" dual row Cree with something in the 6" single row range if light was equal. I'm not advocating for diodedynamics as I have not tried their stuff and can't tell you if the claims are realistic or about longevity of the product. Pricing is reasonable and I may give it a go at some point, just not in the next few months.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice light @ShawnTRD! Looks great!

I have the 10" single row from Moto Alliance on my Griz and I'm picking up their 20" single row for my Wolverine this afternoon. They are a site sponsor so you can get a discount when ordering if you mention Grizzly Central.

The light output from my 10" single row is just what I was looking for. I haven't used it a whole lot yet but when I have, it did the job. The waterproof rating is very good and the perimeter flood of the combination spot/flood does a nice job on the trail. It looks identical to the Black Oak 10" but there are plenty that seem to be copies of someone else. I bought from Moto Alliance because they are right up the road and their people are great. I've also bought a Viper winch from them and they've always been great to deal with.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I use a 7 inch duel row lighting from kimpex I believe they use cree lights, well put together and fits very neatly inside my bumper bars for protection , completely over powers my 3 stock headlights and have had no issues at all, comes with all the plug and play wiring, relay, mounting brackets and water proof switch, I believe I paid $165 and have been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use a 7 inch duel row lighting from kimpex I believe they use cree lights, well put together and fits very neatly inside my bumper bars for protection , completely over powers my 3 stock headlights and have had no issues at all, comes with all the plug and play wiring, relay, mounting brackets and water proof switch, I believe I paid $165 and have been very pleased with it.
Can u send me a link for that?? I'll try that one for the $! [/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Can u send me a link for that?? I'll try that one for the $!
[/QUOTE] I purchased mine though my dealer he sells them, I would just look on the Kimpex site, there is bigger sizes available also, or on ebay. hope this helps

·
Registered
63 Posts
After some shopping I made a choice. Not sure if I can put links up here, but once I do the install I'll post back with the results. Spent about $135 for a 10" double row, spot flood combo light with relay switch wires etc. And clamps. We'll give it a shot and see.... Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts