Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There always a lot of talk of so-so, shady, or bad dealers out there but you don't hear much of the good dealers that stand behind what they sell and will bend over backwards for you if you need them. I know of two great dealers I have dealt with in the past that will bend over backwards for you in Michigan. US-27 Motorsports in St.Johns, Mi and St.Helen Powersports in St.Helen, Mi

St. Helen Powersports is a small dealer that has been around for Decades. When I was a teenage my oldest brother worked for them back in 1974 so they have been there a long time. I have purchased sleds from them and they have been always on there game with any problems that may occur. They sell Yamaha and Arctic cat as well as boats. I have only good to say about them.

US-27 Motorsports is a bigger dealer and they sell Yamaha, Honda, Can-Ham's, etc. etc. When we bought our 2019 Kodiak 450 from them after about 150 miles or so I thought there was a weird vibration so I took it back to them to have it checked out. As I was at the service desk the manager was there listening to what I was saying and he said hold on. Lets get another new one off the showroom floor and ride it and see if its the same. They pulled a brand new zero mile unit off the floor so I could ride it. Both myself and the manager test rode both Kodiak's. Turns out there was not a problem at all (That's what I thought) as the zero mile one had the same vibration at the same speed. I told him my Grizzly didn't have that vibration so the manager pulled a new grizzly off the floor and we both test rode that as well. Afterwards we concluded the vibration I was feeling is the tire they used on the 450. Then a mechanic jacked up the rear end of our kodiak and started it up, put it in high range and gave it some gas. At about 20 MPH you could see the one rear tire was egg'ed shaped really bad. The manager said it's probable a broke cord/belt in the tire and then promptly ordered a new tire for it. Hopefully they ordered two tires as the other 450 needed at least one. By the weekend the new tire was on and the vibration was gone.

My conclusion to all of this is you might saver yourself a hundred or two buying a new ATV here or there but a good dealer will stand behind what they sell and being we are talking thousands $$$$ for a new unit it pays to have a good dealer. JMHO

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
About three years ago my Yamaha dealer parts desk announced to me that I would get 10% off all my parts and oils from that point on... I'd been buying parts threw them for years, but I was completely taken off guard by this and asked why?

They said they have the right to give special rebates to what they considered "preferred" customers...

This is interesting because I've NEVER baught ANY big ticket items from them. I.E. snowmobile, atv, outboard, motorcycle etc....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About two years ago my Yamaha dealer parts desk announced to me that I would get 10% off all my parts and oils from that point on... I'd been buying parts threw them for years, but I was completely taken off guard by this announcement and asked why?

They said they have the right to give special rebates to what they considered "preferred" customers...

This is interesting because I've NEVER baught ANY big ticket items from them. I.E. snowmobile, atv, outboard, motorcycle etc....
You must shop there a lot to offer up 10%. I have gotten 25% off my sled parts at the one dealer before the new service manager took over. Now I am like every other Joe that walks through the door.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
Kens yamaha which is closed now he retired . He was the only person who would budge on a new on the showroom floor on the price service prices was not inflated in example carb clean chk over and adjusted valves 130 bucks. Sucks he closed the dealership now noone in my area will even work on my atv "too old"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yamaha of Jackson
1501 Highway 15 N.
Jackson KY 41339-9404

Drove 200 miles to pick up on Friday the 13th. Sat on the Interstate for a while due to an accident (not me). Bad way to start my trip but that could've been me. Construction equipment fell off a truck and was hit by the mini van in front of me. It's nice to have electric brakes on my cargo trailer.

Dealer honored our over the phone bank wire cash price/deal. No hassles, tricks, or gimmicks.
Allstate paid me for my totaled 2010 Grizzly. Cost only $100.00 year, full coverage. Still the same, didn't drop me.

Back home with my virgin 2011 Grizzly.
Overall good experience, what you should expect!

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Premium Member
11,693 Posts
Haven't found one to list here, still looking.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Let's hear about the good Dealers you have dealt with.

Yeah I figure this thread will be short because of the rarity of the topic. Probably have more posts on "How many of you have encountered Bigfoot".

·
Premium Member
11,693 Posts
I danced with Bigfoot when in college, she was from Houston.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My Yeti, I take her with me every time I go camping. She's big at size 65, but that's what I like about her.
I don't let her out because Bigfoot might run off with her.

·
Premium Member
11,693 Posts
I would take off with your beer maiden Yeti too....who wouldn't?
Back on topic, is Walmart considered a dealer (ship) too?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Romney Cycles in WV. This is a no BS dealer. The price they give you is the price you can expect to pay and it's always been better than anywhere else. No prep, freight, or other horseshit fees are tacked on. Really friendly and straight up folks. I've bought two quads and a moto from them.

Even now in the middle of the pandemic and limited stock they have held to their pricing model while others I reached out to are selling at MSRP plus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts