Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to find anything out there in web searching, so could it be just my Grizzly? Both headlamp bubs vibrated / jolted out of their sockets and are rattling in the lens cavity. . I found out that the inboard lamp mounting screw is, let's say, impossible to get at. I tried a couple things to fish bulbs out, but had to give up. So, it looks like i may have to remove the front fender to have a chance. Any ideas to avoid that? The service manual i downloaded is no help at all. YFP660FP, got her new in 9/2001.

·
I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!
3,185 Posts
I'm thinkin' your gonna have to take a small sledge and um....just ....yeah....just whack the lens as hard as you can. This will help you easily get to that pesky bulb.

Problem solved!

Glad I could help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Grizz bulbs fall apart

Hard to find anything out there in web searching, so could it be just my Grizzly? Both headlamp bubs vibrated / jolted out of their sockets and are rattling in the lens cavity. . I found out that the inboard lamp mounting screw is, let's say, impossible to get at. I tried a couple things to fish bulbs out, but had to give up. So, it looks like i may have to remove the front fender to have a chance. Any ideas to avoid that? The service manual i downloaded is no help at all. YFP660FP, got her new in 9/2001.
I have had the same problem on 2 occasions. The first time I was able to fish the bulbs out. Tonight I tried and couldn't get them out. Gonna try to get a short angle screwdriver to get the inner screw out. This is a weird problem.

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
8,094 Posts
I'm thinkin' your gonna have to take a small sledge and um....just ....yeah....just whack the lens as hard as you can. This will help you easily get to that pesky bulb.
Problem solved!
Glad I could help.
My favorite choice!:rating00:

Any chance you could make a small vacuum hose w/ a shop vac and use it to stick to the bulb?
Perhaps some type of quick setting rubber cement to attach a dowel to the bulb?
Very good, well thought out!:rating08:

Bulb should have a metal base, you could use a telescoping magnet, or one of those spring loaded flex grabbers.
Bam! thats what I'm talking about,way to go jfer:peace::rating10:
I my self would just leave them in there to roll around and freak people out. It'll look pretty wild like your grizzly is dizzy:yeahbaby01:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a grizzly and have this same problem. Any advise? I realize this was a post from a long time ago but thought I’d try.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I took some some compressed air and it finally popped out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts