Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 runs good then cuts out & goes into limp home mode ! Any idea??
I should also mention that i did install a big bore in it

Tks

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
As far as I know, the Grizzly 700 does not have a limp mode, but I have been wrong before. They do however have limiters for reverse and diff lock.
Have you installed a fuel programmer?
Does the reverse light blink when the limiter kicks in?
Does the diff lock light blink?

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
If the reverse light stays on, then the reverse limiter is kicking in.
It could be a failed switch, or broken wire to the switch. The light comes on when the switch opens, not closes. You can also do a reverse bypass mod, which is simply grounding the wire going to the reverse switch. Your reverse indicator light will no longer work, but you'll never have a limiter in reverse either.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well when i take off ridding with it , its runs good for about 5 min & then no power like no gaz & im limping home

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Well when i take off ridding with it , its runs good for about 5 min & then no power like no gaz & im limping home
This sounds like the limiter kicking in. Because you get a couple minutes before it happens, it's very likely a failing reverse switch. I would start by grounding the reverse sensor switch wire. If the problem goes away, you know you found your problem. Replace the reverse sensor switch, keep the wire grounded, or replace the switch and make up a Y-splice with a toggle switch switch wired to ground. This way you can turn on the bypass at will at any point (I have this reverse mod dine to my 660).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good day dezzzz
Just wanted to say tks for all the info & the help with my grizzly 700 the other day
I did by pass a ground wire to the sensor & right now it works awesome
Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts