52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone and have any suggestions.
Its for the new style grizzly's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just want some extra protrection in the front of the bike. Any ideas!!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yamaha makes one that replaces the stock setup.. looks great but 2x more than it should cost.

2016 Grizzly 700 le,
26 Bighorns on Stock wheels.
1 1/2" custom tip, EHS fuel controller.
1.5mm shim and Dalton Metallic Red secondary, 224 watt 12" LED bar.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is the Yamaha HD bumper, it bolts right to the frame so it not only looks good but it really has structure to the frame. Not cheap but I feel it was worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The Yammy bumper does look sweet.

2016 Grizzly 700 le,
26 Bighorns on Stock wheels.
1 1/2" custom tip, EHS fuel controller.
1.5mm shim and Dalton Metallic Red secondary, 224 watt 12" LED bar.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a nice one from a Canadian company called Bison. They are located on the East coast of Canada, so if you live out West, it takes close to two weeks to ship. Also, I have a 2017 grizzly, and I like the fit. The photo on the Bison website shows one installed on a 2016, and they removed the front skid plate. I was able to dremel two slots in my skid plate, and it mounts and looks great while I leave the front skid plate on. If you are interested I will send you a pic of mine. Also, the Bison will bolt over the factory radiator protector. With the Yamaha one, you have to remove the factory front and mount the Yamaha brush guard.
Bison is 199 USD shipped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I got a nice one from a Canadian company called Bison. They are located on the East coast of Canada, so if you live out West, it takes close to two weeks to ship. Also, I have a 2017 grizzly, and I like the fit. The photo on the Bison website shows one installed on a 2016, and they removed the front skid plate. I was able to dremel two slots in my skid plate, and it mounts and looks great while I leave the front skid plate on. If you are interested I will send you a pic of mine. Also, the Bison will bolt over the factory radiator protector. With the Yamaha one, you have to remove the factory front and mount the Yamaha brush guard.
Bison is 199 USD shipped.

Awesome can you please send me those pictures. I want extra protection for the front of the atv and the fenders.

I just noticed on that bumper it states:

Does not fit 2016-2017 models. (or the small mod you made with the dremel is all it took.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Called Bison up, and they didn't know why the 2016-2017 bumpers didn't show on their website, but he said they have six in stock, and you can call them up or order directly from their ebay store. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-GRIZZLY-700-Kodiak-700-2016-2017-Front-ATV-Bumper-Brushguard-TRAIL-Bison-/381853129518?hash=item58e8385b2e:g:EKMAAOSwsB9WCo76&vxp=mtr Here are my pics showing how the bumper mounts on the top using the front rack, and how I mounted it on the bottom. The bumper comes with a bracket for the bottom mounting. The bracket is hard to see, since my front skid plate is covering most of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been shopping all over as well..... Seems as though Moose (sadly cuz there's was my fav for the older style) and the rest of the aftermarket hasn't quite caught up yet to the new Grizzly. I can find NOTHING other than the OEM Yamaha accessories, bumper. That's it! I want to wait for Moose to make one... But can't wait forever, my girl is too pretty and perfect to not protect her!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts