Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, live on the very east side of the greater Portland OR area looking for riding areas in the Mt. Hood area, slightly east and/or South of Hood, and riding areas in SW WA as well.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,295 Posts
I've not ridden a quad there but... Sand Lake Recreation area which is just north of P.C.

Similarly, Oregon Dunes near North Bend.

Neither of these locations are trail style places to ride... at least not to my knowledge. I do have a good friend who lives in Union, WA and he rides sport quads. Although he has said the areas to ride are becoming few and far in between, seems he mostly rides logging areas when they can get "permission".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've not ridden a quad there but... Sand Lake Recreation area which is just north of P.C.

Similarly, Oregon Dunes near North Bend.

Neither of these locations are trail style places to ride... at least not to my knowledge. I do have a good friend who lives in Union, WA and he rides sport quads. Although he has said the areas to ride are becoming few and far in between, seems he mostly rides logging areas when they can get "permission".

Back in the mid 80's through mid '90s our family used to ride the dunes exclusively, stay at Blue Bill for the week riding Box car to Spinreel, back when there no OHV permits, night riding allowed, etc, made many a night runs under full moon over that time period, tons of fun. Would go to Florence for day rides, tried Winchester bay once. Haven't been back to the Dunes since mid '90's heard a lot has changed regarding regulations etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went scouting riding areas over past few weekends, found McCubbins Gulch on the south east side of Mt Hood, currently closed for winter, looks to be a nice riding area. Also found the new Rock Creek Riding area just north of the McCubbins Gulch, also looks to be a nice riding area. Found the Hood River riding area, took our two little sport quads up to try it out, (Polaris Outlaw 90 and Phoenix 200), our 10 year old daughter had time of her life riding the trails, her first real riding experience. Looking forward to getting our Grizzlies this Summer and riding up there.

Spent a couple days outside of Chemult at Twin Rivers riding brother in-laws Grizzlies and Rhino, miles and miles of trails, had a blast.

·
Registered
237 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts