Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2007 450 grizz. I test drove it at guys house and it ran great and I took it home. I brought it to brothers and we were looking at it and I tried the winch while machine was running. It winched out but as soon as I tried to winch in the machine shut completely off and everything died. I turned the key off and on and nothing. I pullstarted it and the dash said I was going 8 mph and jumping all over when I wasn't moving. I put it in reverse and it sputtered and backfired. I drove it down the road to my house and the reverse light was flashing. I'm new to owning an atv this is my first. Is it most likely a bad battery? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It would be worth investigating the battery AND the stator/regulator.

Using the winch on a bad battery would act like that... but if the machine is running and the winch isn't, the stator SHOULD provide enough current for everything to work fine. It's possible the stator and/or regulator are bad, and he just had the battery nice and topped off to keep it running while he sold it.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
I would check voltage on battery, maybe start with a new battery or a borrowed one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts