Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My lingo may be off here but the stud or bolt from the bottom of the knuckle that goes through the lower a-arm spins when I try to put the castle but back on. WTF am I doing wrong?

Also, how do you get the stud from the upper a-arm out of the knuckle? I was initially trying to get the knuckle off.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
That knuckle is a lower ball joint. Loosen up the nut. Then tap on it with a hammer. Clean your threads good on the stud. Then push the lower a arm up so it holds the stud and put the nut on

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Why where you trying to get the knuckle off

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Working on repairs from my unfortunate incident-
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-talk/50142-houston-we-have-problem.html
I'm having a brake binding issue. Was going to pull the rotor and make sure it wasn't somehow warped. Also I wanted to check the wheel bearing which Ridgway recommended. My thought in going ahead and fully installing the lower a-arm was that it might make it easier to get the top a-arm off the knuckle.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The ball joint fits in the hole with a tapered fit. Put pressure on lower control arm with a jack to force the tapered ball joint to fit tightly in the control arm, hopefully stopping it from spinning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
The ball lower joint fits up into the knuckle and is held by friction and a c clip on top. Remove the clip and drive the ball joint out. The ball joint has a taper fit into the a-arm. A separator works best or leave the nut part way on and drive it out carefully.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts