Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does one look for new lug nuts/2014 Grizz 700 ? I had mine torqued to factory specs and yet one rear wheel loosened up and lost one nut off it. When I bought the atv the lug nuts were so tight I had to use a breaker bar and two foot piece of pipe to get them loose. Apparently they must have loosened on the previous owner as why he had them so tight.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Stock wheels? If so, you should be able to get them from any parts site. www.partshark.com is where I do a lot of my parts shopping.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Your dealer or any online Yamaha parts website will have lug nuts sell/order.

Since your lug nuts were over torqued so much, inspect the wheel for deformation of the lug nut cone face. I have seen many wheels with ruined by over-tightened lug nuts. When the cone gets deformed enough, the nut no longer presses on the wheel when tightened. It will bottom out on the hub, so it tightens up....but is not holding the wheel tight.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yikes ! The wheels are stock, gosh I hope that didn't happen with them being distorted from being over tightened.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
i got mine from Rocky Mountain ATV. Check the threads on the studs also if they were that tight it could have "rolled" the threads.

Reactions: okbear

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
i got mine from Rocky Mountain ATV. Check the threads on the studs also if they were that tight it could have "rolled" the threads.
Agreed. May be a good idea to change the studs anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
Most dealers have a can of stock lug nuts from adding after market wheels. I bought a couple years ago just in case and the parts guy wants 3 bucks each. It was't worth the time to order on-line, and some day I'll see that guy on the trail needing help, then I'll get my money back.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, wondering if you could help me on this subject of the parts store partshark. Do you know if anyone has had trouble with their orders from partshark ? I placed an order over two weeks ago and nothing, no parts, no response to my emails either.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Hi, wondering if you could help me on this subject of the parts store partshark. Do you know if anyone has had trouble with their orders from partshark ? I placed an order over two weeks ago and nothing, no parts, no response to my emails either.
I think I got a confirmation on a recent order. The order showed up about a week later. Did they already debit your account?

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Yes my card was charged the next day. Has been 15 days now and yet I hear nothing from them.
That's strange. Keep trying. Did you call? I've never had any trouble but there's a first time for everything.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Yes my card was charged the next day. Has been 15 days now and yet I hear nothing from them.
You should have received an email of your order. Have that ready and call them....Forget about anymore email responses.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes have received an email with order no. also, but when I load it into their site to find the status of the order it just keeps resetting itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts