Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I'm considering buying the 8 pack of these under body led rock lights for my grizz. I was wondering if anybody's seen them in person? They are pretty pricey, but I was sold mostly on the magnets for easy install, and the tiny size of them. I doubt there ever going to be bumped off, or move to much with the magnets and a zapstrap right at the End of the wire, beside the led.
The ease of install I guess is what I'm getting at.
I would buy the white Led's,
Anybody seen these in person?
Any thoughts or better options guys or gals?

Thanks for the opinions!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
i dont see a link.

i wouldnt trust magnet mounts. so id end up strapping them on. once they are strapped on, why bother with the magnets? just extra bulk.

you can buy waterproof strip lights on ebay. or waterproof strip "pods"... about 15 bucks for 20' worth. if i ever wanted "rock" lights... that is the route id go.

ive seen them in person, and i think they look like the honda civics with ground effects lighting on them. corny and gaudy. that said, ive never seen anyone that uses them as real rock lights. usually they cant resist tucking one up under the plastics to shine on the motor... and they usually run the 100% of the time. especially in parking lots.

but if you actually need them for function, who cares... they work.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
These are 100lm per. Really plenty for an atv. The magnets might be good for some areas but a good, flat steel area is hard to find under there. Other members have used these and they seemed to like them. If you night ride off the trail a lot I can see the use for them.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=271527944364&alt=web

Also might look into eagle eye led's also.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,358 Posts
you can buy waterproof strip lights on ebay. or waterproof strip "pods"... about 15 bucks for 20' worth. if i ever wanted "rock" lights... that is the route id go.
Or also these types: LED 4X4/OFF ROAD/JEEP Under Body Rock Lights Bright White! at $11.95 for four lights.

I appreciate that the link you provided is USA made but at a price of $257 for 8 lights, they are going to have a hard time staying in business with the inexpensive LEDs coming out of China.

EDIT: I should have checked whiskeymike's link first :-/, same ebay vendor, same part, different price. Jaguar must not be as cool as Jeep

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts