Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from riding in WV yesterday. Spent 3 days mostly riding rockhouse trails. Had a good time other than some really crappy weather on Saturday. The new (to me) Grizz was amazing-rides like a cadillac. Only problem was I let the wife drive it for a few miles and now she wants one!:surprise:

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Who that a mistake? Get her one too and you can ride together on seperate machines.
Win win.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She was riding a 2013 Arctic Cat 400. I used to think that thing rode nice until I bought the Yamaha. Likely pass that one down to the boys. Already looking at a 2014 550 eps camo.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Yep. Riding with the wife is good times! But be prepared to mod her machine when you mod yours.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made this deck a few years ago-thought some of you might like to see how it was made. 2x2 angle iron-welded a perimeter frame to sit inside the box rails then welded another piece down each side for tie downs. 5/8 plywood bolted to the top with carriage bolts. Ramps are made from more 2x2 angle with a piece at the top to hook over side rails. Made in two pieces for easier storage. Heavy suckers- I wish they were aluminum, but hard to find 10ft aluminum ramps. (Helps to have a loader with forks to put deck on truck too. That or a neighbor who will work for beer:grin2:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@DJRGrizz, nice work, great idea. I still hope to get wifey on her own Grizz.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I'd almost give my left nut to have my wife involved in riding with me....ALMOST....LOL.

Luckily my kids love the ATV, so I'll soon be riding with them as soon as they get a little more experience on their Raptor 50.

Reactions: reogem

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
..... I wish they were aluminum, but hard to find 10ft aluminum ramps. ......:grin2:)
I see a couple places on the Internet that have 10' aluminum ramps. They are pricey 400-500 bucks.
10ft-Arched-Aluminum-Collapsing-Runner-Ramps
or
utv-loading-ramps/p/MF2-EZ-UTVN/

I'd almost give my left nut to have my wife involved in riding with me....ALMOST....LOL.

Luckily my kids love the ATV, so I'll soon be riding with them as soon as they get a little more experience on their Raptor 50.
I am lucky that my Queen loves riding and has her own machine. I don't like or want to ride 2up. Not likely but if we have a break down I don't have to walk back to the camp.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,666 Posts
Made this deck a few years ago-thought some of you might like to see how it was made.
That's pretty cool!

I see a couple places on the Internet that have 10' aluminum ramps. They are pricey 400-500 bucks.
Diamondbackcovers also sells a 12' foldable ramp for $500. Those ramps weight 35# each and have the "hooks" on them for bed covers. They are the same ramps you get with the diamondback atv covers. But yeah, pricey too.

Reactions: DJRGrizz

·
Registered
800 Posts
I feel sorry for your bank account... Really happy for you though! We can help you spend money on both if you need any advice.

Reactions: DJRGrizz

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
10ft-Arched-Aluminum-Collapsing-Runner-Ramps
or
utv-loading-ramps/p/MF2-EZ-UTVN/

I am lucky that my Queen loves riding and has her own machine. I don't like or want to ride 2up. Not likely but if we have a break down I don't have to walk back to the camp.
Agreed. Mine loves it as well. She really enjoyed riding the Griz I brought for her on our trip last year. I’m really looking forward to getting rid of the SxS one of these days when both my kids are big enough for all day riding. I see everyone on a Griz in five or six years. Before that happens, I see a Wolverine X4 in my future to replace the “burn to the ground” (aka RZR). Of course there’s no used ones on the market around here yet but it’s still early for that. I wish we got to ride as much as you, reo. Maybe we’ll get to come ride your area one of these days.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed-those ramps are way more than I want to spend. Deck was built so we could bring our machines and tow the camper with us on a trip a couple of years ago. Still comes in handy from time to time. I have a nice 18ft float to use most of the time but my boat is sitting on it for the winter right now. We are still discussing buying another machine right now-she really only rides a few times a year. The 550 is only 10 minutes away from a delivery I have tomorrow so pretty short notice. Otherwise a 4 hour drive.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
She said go for it!:grin2: Selling the AC to help pay for it so it shouldn't be too hard on the wallet.
Awesome, congrats!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts