Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 EPS 700 blew the main fuse when I went to disengage 4x4. It also happened when I went to engage diff lock.
I brought it to a stealership, they had it a month. They claimed that my servo was out of timing. On another grizzly forum I was told that this only happens when something else in the differential breaks. I never took the servo off of the machine to cause it to be out of time & the machine has only been to stealerships for warrantee work, on 4 occasions.
What can cause a 4wd servo to go out of timing ?
Thanx in advance 馃憤馃槈

Premium Member
You don't actually know what is wrong, just what they say. I would have looked for a bad wire going to the diff.

Reactions: moebeeza

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
They claim it's fixed.
I am just wondering what can cause a servo to go out of timing. On another grizzly forum, I was told that something usually has to break in the front diff that causes it to go out of timing. The stealership claims that they didn't find anything broken 馃槓

Premium Member
So....what does this mysterious authority mean by 'out of time'?
Crushed? not broken so that's not it.
Engaged? works backwards? is that timing?
Or is/was the voltage traveling backwards?
What other forum? The 'Ladies of Yamaha'?

Premium Member
Check with 4wd drive guru member oleblue22 at www.501parts.com

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Today I got my 09/450 stuck in a snow drift & when I went to winch it out w/700, the 700 stalled out and needed a jump. I called Yamaha bitching up a storm, they gave this dealership a "gold" rating for techs. It is going to a different stealership on Monday. I think my charging system is fried now, might be time to trade it out :(

Premium Member
Pyrite (fools gold) rating?
Have the battery load tested.
Without a signature we can't guess at the age of the machine, if the fools at the dealership spend an hour and its the old battery getting weak you will get charged extra.
If 501 can't reply he's got his own problem going on, this is the first time I have heard anyone say his service is weak. we tell others he is our go-to guy, but he isn't on call 24/7.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Pyrite (fools gold) rating?
Have the battery load tested.
Without a signature we can't guess at the age of the machine, if the fools at the dealership spend an hour and its the old battery getting weak you will get charged extra.
If 501 can't reply he's got his own problem going on, this is the first time I have heard anyone say his service is weak. we tell others he is our go-to guy, but he isn't on call 24/7.
Lol I like that "fools gold",the machine is 2015/700 eps hunter edition, & battery is higher output than stock & purchased last fall. I bitched to corporate for the second time on this continuing issue & they arranged for me to bring it to a different stealership & cover the cost of diagnosis.
The 501 guy was also recommended to me by the people in the Yamaha grizzly owners page on FB. My only guess is that he is swamped w/business right now.
At this point I am looking to get the issue/issues fixed & then I think I am going to trade it out for another brand w/ a better dealership base in my area. We've lost more than 4 stealerships in Northeast Pennsylvania in the last decade. Three of them I have brought my machines to previously and got decent service. This is my 3rd grizzly. My 1st two were trouble free, & I still have my 09/450, which is the little quad that does a lot, just wish it had more power, better ground clearance(killed 2 frames), & better suspension, lol. I wonder if anyone has stuffed one of those into a 550/700 chassis & put a bigger carb on it. Dealers that I am talking with are crying about my mileage lol, there is maybe 3500, miles & 500 hours on it, barely broken in lol. I told one salesman that there are guys w/more than 15k miles on their machines.

Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
Just a FYI that 501parts is run by a honorable person, @oleblue22 , who gets deployed from time to time and may not have the ability to get back right away. He always gets back and is a really helpful person.

Reactions: Ridgway81432

Premium Member
The stator charges, but the machine including winch pulls from the battery so the battery gets a good working and a weak battery can be hammered fast by the winch.
Also, I've had buddys sometimes whine there is something wrong with their bike, when the problem was the battery connections came loose, causing low voltage for a hard start mostly (the first problem that generally shows up).
If this was the problem generally a 1/2 turn to tighten a battery screw was all that was needed.
Good Luck switching brands.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts