Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of the guys, @grizzcrazy in particular have wanted to see a little more about what Maine looks like. Here are some links that show it pretty well. Get a cup of coffee, relax, enjoy.

Reactions: RDC and Blklab

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few of atv'ing in Maine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Beautiful ! Some of the rocky areas look the same as in the Upper Peninsula in Michigan. A lot of people don't realize the beauty of a state they may live in because they just don't venture out into it nature, and that is where atv'ing/mountain biking/camping/kayaking and hiking come into play.
And gotta love those waterfalls !

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@biknboat, yes I have heard that there are quite a few similarities between the Michigan UP and central/northern Maine. I hope to visit the UP in my travels someday. I have been to Grand Rapids once back in 2000, and that's a pretty nice city, as far as cities go!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Nice looking views up there I would love to venture up there sometime.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Beautiful! I miss riding trails like that. Since I moved home to Texas all I have to ride is mud. It’s fun but not woods riding fun

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gorgeous country side to be riding through thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
@biknboat, yes I have heard that there are quite a few similarities between the Michigan UP and central/northern Maine. I hope to visit the UP in my travels someday. I have been to Grand Rapids once back in 2000, and that's a pretty nice city, as far as cities go!
Yes the similarities are the same. Grand Rapids Mi is one of the nicest cities, if not the nicest in our state, for a large city.
The farther north one goes, the more rugged the state gets, which is why northern Mi is so popular with the outdoorsman. I am wondering if Maine has the beautiful fall foliage as does Vermont and New Hampshire, you know with all the maples that change in the fall.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought some of the scenery videos I posted showed some of that. Maine has stunning fall foliage. We have millions of acres of mixed forest, red and sugar maple, beech, oak, aspen, birch, ash, cherry, etc. mixed with the dark greens of the pine, spruce, fir, hemlock and tamarack. There are awesome atv trails that take you way up into the blueberry barrens where you ride across a couple thousand acre blueberry field in brilliant red with the forest in the background in full fall colors. It is breathtaking.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@biknboat, I talk to folks from Michigan all the time. One of the major parts of the business I work for is boat propeller sales and service. We have been in the Top 10 for inboard prop sales in the country for Michigan Wheel Marine out of Grand Rapids for the past 3 years in a row. Michigan Wheel is the largest propeller manufacturer in the world. We also handle props for Acme Marine out of Big Rapids. Everyone from out there that I have ever dealt with over the past 20+ years have been polite, respectful, friendly, and decent to work with.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I thought some of the scenery videos I posted showed some of that. Maine has stunning fall foliage. We have millions of acres of mixed forest, red and sugar maple, beech, oak, aspen, birch, ash, cherry, etc. mixed with the dark greens of the pine, spruce, fir, hemlock and tamarack. There are awesome atv trails that take you way up into the blueberry barrens where you ride across a couple thousand acre blueberry field in brilliant red with the forest in the background in full fall colors. It is breathtaking.
Yes now I see the foliage, hadn't watched all the vids.

·
Registered
215 Posts
@biknboat, I talk to folks from Michigan all the time. One of the major parts of the business I work for is boat propeller sales and service. We have been in the Top 10 for inboard prop sales in the country for Michigan Wheel Marine out of Grand Rapids for the past 3 years in a row. Michigan Wheel is the largest propeller manufacturer in the world. We also handle props for Acme Marine out of Big Rapids. Everyone from out there that I have ever dealt with over the past 20+ years have been polite, respectful, friendly, and decent to work with.
Ya Mi has a lot of lakes and of course the Great Lakes, so the boating and fishing are very popular.
Big Rapids Mi has a very large ATV dealer near there, " Lakeside Motor sports ", I'm guessing they have around 300 units on grounds. ATV's, side by sides, sleds, boats, Harleys, Indians, Yamaha's Kawasaki...just a BIG toy store lol...I was off a bit on the numbers, looks like they carry close to 900 + units

·
Registered
800 Posts
I kinda feel like a jerk for not watching these videos yet. Lol. Thanks for finding those for us Maine. Starting to watch now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Maine is beautiful. I ride my bike through there every summer on my way to New Brunswick. That section from Houlton to Bangor off Hwy 2 is prime Werewolf country too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Check these out, it's what some of the lobstermen and us propeller and engine guys do for fun when we're not riding Grizzlies. You hear those Maine accents, now you know how I talk, ha, ha!

Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some of those 36 foot lobster boats will hit over 40 mph. That little 28 footer "Wild Wild West" that pours out the black smoke has a 1200 HP Isotta diesel and has hit 62 MPH.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is one from our biggest mountain, small compared to you guys out west, but we love it.

Reactions: RDC
1 - 20 of 23 Posts