Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Could you imagine having your Grizz street legal? I would love that. Add some LED flush mount blinkers a license plate bracket and bam ! STREET LEGAL!
I learned about a company that can help with this.
www.Dirtlegal.com
Anyone ever hear of them or use them before?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here in Idaho just add a horn and mirror and you are street legal.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The way this youtube girl presents the process sure makes the "dirt legal" in the title relevant! I was reluctant to click on the link for fear it may take me to a bad site...

·
Registered
215 Posts
We have this here in Mi in a lot of counties, though they are mostly rural areas. Front and rear lights, RV registered sticker and a mandatory helmet for atv's, no helmet required for side by sides. Yes is fun to be able to drive anywhere in the county EXCEPT highways. Drive to Friday night high school football games.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, if it was brought into the country as an “off highway” vehicle, you can NOT change it over to “on Highway”. I called the DMV and asked them. This is what I was quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, if it was brought into the country as an “off highway” vehicle, you can NOT change it over to “on Highway”. I called the DMV and asked them. This is what I was quoted.
I think it is the same thing here in MN. Except some localities, small towns mostly, have made their own exceptions to allow them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here in AZ, an ATV needs only lights, a horn, and illuminated license plate to be legal. Turn signals are nice, but not required.

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
If your state does not have regulations that allow ATV/UTV to registered as street legal it doesn't matter what you add to the machine. Check with the DMV in your state.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here in AZ, an ATV needs only lights, a horn, and illuminated license plate to be legal. Turn signals are nice, but not required.
I wish it were that easy here.. Would love to be able to drive from trail to trail,,, and to the local coffee shop. lol

·
Registered
566 Posts
If NYS would allow it I would drive mine year around. But no, they are stupid and won’t. Can’t imagine how much more revenue they would have....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Many years ago i had my old YFM225 registered (here in the NT AU) as a tractor' no different than a front end loader or grader or any other farm machinery with the same rule's n reg's applying' this was going back 20 odd years' BUT now i'm finding out that we cant do this any more for some unknown reason, the only place you can ride a ATV/SXS or even a MX bike is on private land pttfff' 1.4 million km2 of land and there's no riding yea rite' now it's a case of "catch us if ya can" and if you are caught its a $1500 fine, but they (big brother) are looking into this once again' but as usual the wheels of Govt turn very slooooowly' I would luv to have my quad registered again.

Reactions: MotoMan

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wish it were that easy here.. Would love to be able to drive from trail to trail,,, and to the local coffee shop. lol
Those are exactly the only reasons I want my Grizzly to be street legal. Getting from trail to trail is not possible without using paved roads/public roads.
Here in Portugal the only restriction for a street legal ATV is the highway. And the max. speed allowed is 45 km/u (27 mph) but as the ATV's are not power-restricted they go much faster and the police ......... it's Portugal you know! :wink2:

To make an ATV street legal they add turning lights (front/rear) ; break lights (one on each side, only the one in the middle is not enough!); rear lights; a horn if there isn't already one and an illuminated licence plate.
These rules are the same for the whole county. Why? It's Portugal and not the USP. USP? United States of Portugal ........ :wink2:
By the way, when I see the (big) diffences (legislation etc.) between the various states the word United gets a different meaning for me.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
In Maine various municipalities have either designated the whole town as ATV route, or just some sections of road that connect trails as ATV Access Routes. Naturally, most of these are in eastern, western and northern Maine. Too many "anti-everything" bliss ninnies in the southern half of the state. Motorcyles are legal on the road, bicycles, tractors, horses, etc. A sensible rider on an atv is at least as safe as any of those. Bicycles obviously have no headlight/taillight/blinker requirement, and 98% of the spandex wearing bike crowd do NOT pay any attention to stop signs, yield signs, crosswalks, etc. Motorcycles have no blinker requirement if it didn't have any OEM. ATV's should be road legal, no highway use. If I could legally ride the Grizz on the road in my area, there is a major trail head 6 miles away from my house. It would be grand to just jump on and ride instead of the whole "load/unload" routine!

Reactions: MotoMan
1 - 13 of 13 Posts