Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone riding up in Marrinette county this upcoming weekend?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I will be as soon as we get some snow haha! Planning a dunbar trip when we get snow. Had a absolute blast last year. PM me if you want my number?

·
Registered
780 Posts
We stayed up in Marinette county earlier this year. We were in the southern part of the county sort of near Crivitz. We got a map and tried to do some ATVing, but all we could really find was paved roads. Miles and miles of paved roads. Kinda pissed us off. Finally at the second or third bar we stopped at, we asked where the heck can we find some real trails. Guys said we need to be up by Dunbar or Goodman in the north of the county. Or closer to our rental cabin, we should head into Oconto county.
Wish I would have done some research before spending hours on paved roads to nowhere. Lol. We did hit up Oconto county on a different day and it was awesome. Next time I go up to marinette I'll know where to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We stayed up in Marinette county earlier this year. We were in the southern part of the county sort of near Crivitz. We got a map and tried to do some ATVing, but all we could really find was paved roads. Miles and miles of paved roads. Kinda pissed us off. Finally at the second or third bar we stopped at, we asked where the heck can we find some real trails. Guys said we need to be up by Dunbar or Goodman in the north of the county. Or closer to our rental cabin, we should head into Oconto county.
Wish I would have done some research before spending hours on paved roads to nowhere. Lol. We did hit up Oconto county on a different day and it was awesome. Next time I go up to marinette I'll know where to start

Ya , you were too far south.. Trails start as far south as Athelstane , go to Goodman , Dunbar , to Pembine, to Iron mountain Michigan if you wanted.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ya , you were too far south.. Trails start as far south as Athelstane , go to Goodman , Dunbar , to Pembine, to Iron mountain Michigan if you wanted.
I usually do Dunbar to Iron River Michigan then crystal falls michigan and back. I have done crivitz to Iron River and crystal falls, but I need to haul ass haha. Havent figured out how to get to Iron Mountain yet lol

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's awesome I've had my quad for two months now and only have 10 miles on because all the trails I've looked at are closed. Never really thought to look up that way. Do know of any good places to dump off in the southern part of the trails?

·
Registered
780 Posts
That's awesome I've had my quad for two months now and only have 10 miles on because all the trails I've looked at are closed. Never really thought to look up that way. Do know of any good places to dump off in the southern part of the trails?

I'm in the same boat as you. Had my new 15 Grizz for close to 2 months and it still has the same 7 miles on it as it had when I took delivery. Dying to ride it but I need to string together a couple days in a row of I'm gonna travel that far. Maybe after the holidays...

Reactions: pwguent

·
Registered
562 Posts
Cutlass you should make a run to black river falls. The trails should be opened back up now that the deer hunting season has come to an end. It is close enough for a day trip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cutlass you should make a run to black river falls. The trails should be opened back up now that the deer hunting season has come to an end. It is close enough for a day trip.
I've been waiting for those trails to be open but they are closed due to "warm temps and heavy rains". What I don't get is they keep the trails open with those conditions in the summer???? I guess I don't get their reasoning.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm gonna be heading up this week to Dunbar,my birthday is in the 29th so I'll probably go before that. we gotta plan something this spring. My dad lives about a hour away from Dunbar right off hwy 41, so the drive ain't bad for me.

I'm still waiting for the rivers to freeze over so I can go slide around on them. Lol

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gonna be heading up this week to Dunbar,my birthday is in the 29th so I'll probably go before that. we gotta plan something this spring. My dad lives about a hour away from Dunbar right off hwy 41, so the drive ain't bad for me.

I'm still waiting for the rivers to freeze over so I can go slide around on them. Lol
I would not hold my breath on those rivers freezing up , or practice holding your breath for when you fall thru ! lol
what a craptastic winter we are having.. I don't think we are going to get safe ice down by me ,, people were water skiing on the lakes by me this week.. no joke it was on the news , a ski club doing pyramids and tricks...
I am in for a spring ride , and would love to go this week , but am laid up with Achilles Tendinitis.
Have fun , report back..

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would not hold my breath on those rivers freezing up , or practice holding your breath for when you fall thru ! lol
what a craptastic winter we are having.. I don't think we are going to get safe ice down by me ,, people were water skiing on the lakes by me this week.. no joke it was on the news , a ski club doing pyramids and tricks...
I am in for a spring ride , and would love to go this week , but am laid up with Achilles Tendinitis.
Have fun , report back..
I know, i know. Last year I went on a birthday ride with the rancher and snow was over the top of my headlights haha that was a blast!!

We can plan something where you stay by me a night then the morning we head out cause i know you got a long ass drive when the time comes lol!!

February marks my 1 year with the grizz almost 3,000 miles!!! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looking at going up there the weekend before memorial day weekend . Any one want to meetup and go riding? Is there a good place to camp?
That is my weekend off you got a camper? I got a work in progress Pop up, not sure if itll be ready by then, but ill pretty much be guaranteed to be up there since im off haha!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Grizz wi, No i don't have a camper Just thinking about popping up a tent for a couple of nights or sleeping in the back of the truck. Just want to ride some were new. I hope you dont mind a riding with a polaris guy? What are you doing to your popup?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Grizz wi, No i don't have a camper Just thinking about popping up a tent for a couple of nights or sleeping in the back of the truck. Just want to ride some were new. I hope you dont mind a riding with a polaris guy? What are you doing to your popup?
Ahh ok yes that will work just fine to lol. Nope dont mind who i ride with!!

I got the thing for free,1990 dutchmen, i think it sleeps 8 lol. Put a new cable in and it now pops up, just need to see if the electrical works and needs new tires and a inner wheel well(hardest part i think) and im gonna re pack the bearings. Im gonna go nuts on it this spring while the trails are thawing haha.

Where are you from?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I can't commit to anything at this time, but I'd like to ride up there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Grizz Wi , I am from Iowa . I just cant get any of my buddy away that long to go that far. Have you looked in to that company from calorado that does toyhauler convertions on popups. I like the idea ,I will out grow it to fast . My boys are 5 & 8 . Do you ride up there alot ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts