Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
2007 Yamaha grizzly 700. So when i ride and few times it just started boging down and then few times popped from exhaust and started runing again. Could this be just spark plug or something worse?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its possible its 4560kilometers 220hours maybe its time to do it

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes air filter is clean. Ill try spark plug.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Į dont get lt. You have to give ground to the wire that is coming to the reverse switch sensor?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grounding that sensor doesnt help :( on neutral everything work fine. What else could it be. Its not spark plug and that sensor is not too

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And when i ground the wire still get limiter if going Reverse.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really. Į got low gas but that shouldnt make problema since on neutral it runs perfect

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TPS at closed trottle shows 16 and fully open 99 so its all good with that. Im So angry. Got it only for week and half and already problem į bought Yamaha to ride without problem...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
It's used and you probably don't know much of the history. Kind of a crap shoot. Maybe that's why they sold it. Hang in there, x2 on the valve check.

·
Premium Member
10,152 Posts
Hello.
2007 Yamaha grizzly 700. So when i ride and few times it just started boging down and then few times popped from exhaust and started runing again. Could this be just spark plug or something worse?
I've been watching your thread and have a couple thoughts.
Its a used bike and it may have suffered from lack of maintenance.
You only rode it a few times, so you may have bought the problems needing fixed.
You say its got air, gas and fire so if it runs like shit it may need adjustment.
Yamaha valves are know to stretch which reduces or eliminates the valve lash and this prevents the valve(s) from closing fully. This prevents full compression and when the spark goes bang, some of the fire goes out the exhaust if one of these vales are open.
If the engine is in proper time, with gas and air I suspect the valves need adjusting as mentioned earlier.
To adjust the valves the timing will have to right. These systems are very sensitive and being off a little can cause the problems you describe.
Yamaha's are very reliable, but with poor care will not work properly.
There are several grizzlys in my area that I help my buddys with the maintenance on. Mine needed the valves adjusted around 1000 miles, and the other have needed this around the same mileage. There are 550's, 660's and 700's in this group.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well į know that it was maintained or atleast oil was changed at Yamaha service last owner gaved me all papers. Į know about engine runing and how it all works. But į dont get it in neutral its likę dream revs good no popin backfirein. Į put in gear and į go likę 20km/H it cuts but not shuts off and Pops A few times then idles good again. This thingy is blowing mine mind

·
Premium Member
10,152 Posts
If the dealer service there is anything like the dealer service here it wasn't serviced properly.
One of the guys I spoke of in the last post took his then new plus 200 mile 550 in for the first scheduled service. The book says after 1 month or 200 miles to change oil and check/adjust valves.
He was charges 300 bucks and when we picked up the machine it was a quart low on engine oil and the grease marks on the valves covers was undisturbed.
He took it there because of the extended warranty it made him feel good to have the work professionally done. He got over that feeling quickly.
Do what you want, but idling is not the same as pulling under load. Because it IS running lets us know there isn't a big problem.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
sounds very much like a roll over valve problem to me.

pop off the gas tank cover. you will see a tube coming out of the gas tank near the cap. on it you will see a little plastic valve. remove it and replace it with a fuel filter. if the problem goes away, that was the issue. you can leave the fuel filter on it, or get a new updated roll over valve.

might not be that, but you can get an inline fuel filter for a few bucks to eliminate it.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Well į know that it was maintained or atleast oil was changed at Yamaha service last owner gaved me all papers. Į know about engine runing and how it all works. But į dont get it in neutral its likę dream revs good no popin backfirein. Į put in gear and į go likę 20km/H it cuts but not shuts off and Pops A few times then idles good again. This thingy is blowing mine mind
sorry, didnt see this before my last post.

this absolutely sounds like a reverse switch issue.

buy the switch and replace it. it is a common issue with the 700s. your reverse light may or may not flash on for a second when it happens. it is super easy to fix.

3GB-82540-01-00 NEUTRAL SWITCH ASSY $26.27

also replace the washer/gasket:
90430-10148-00 GASKET $1.82

if you want to diagnose it first, all you have to do is take the wire that goes to the top of the switch and ground that. this will eliminate the rev limiter in reverse, and it will also make your reverse light on the dashboard non-functioning. some people do this permanently. but you can do it temporarily to see if it solves your problem. but i am very confident that that is your issue.

Reactions: PA. GRIZZLY

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
in order to access the "switch", remove the right side cover from the gas tank(the one above the cvt)... remove the rear cvt exhaust snorkel... it should be behind that, sticking out of the top of the transmission like a spark plug, with a small wire and boot connected to the top of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well in mine case when it happens the r light doesnt flash. I already tried grounding wire and i saw no difference. And IF thats roll over valve and in which direction to put that inline fiter? And yes į got pressure building in gas tank i thought its normal. Well ill try roll over valve and i hope anyone else has any ideas :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts