Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there lads ,, to the old regulars on here you may of noticed I've been very quite on here well the heads up is I've got advanced prostate cancer I've had it for almost 12 mths now and in all honesty supprisd I'm still alive mine is terminal and can't be fixed as it spread to the bones , I've had two leg opps (IM nails ) just so I can keep walking and bladder surgery to boot I've tryed all the drugs chemo , radiation , hormone therapy the lot , so at the moment I'm doing another round of chemo and radiation to the spine and on pain killers ,,,, life gone from having your own business and being on top of the world life was great to this ,,,,
Now I'm not here to bang on about my but I want each and every one of you lot to do me a faver ,,,,
That is GO AND GET YOU PROSTRATE CHECKED !!!!! With the PSA test it's a simple blood test that can and will save you life if you get it early enough ,,, don't let the doctor say your too young you don't need it yet that's crap !!!! I'm 50 yr and won't see 51 due to not getting it cheeked and by the time I did its spread out from the prostrate and too late to control it
So if any thing good can come out of this mess will be to save at one of your lives as 1 in 4 WILL suffer from this !!!!! So don't put it of do it today !!!!!
Cheers AB

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Hey..AB..Great to hear from you.
I'm never sure what to say. I know that you are a real joker. So how about a laugh.
Last time I had the probe I had a cute little Physicians Assistant. A high end nurse. She was much younger that I and much better looking that the Ole Doc. She noticed I was a little uncomfortable. So she consoled me by letting me know that she had very slender fingers. I tried to make an appointment for the following Saturday night.

Seriously AB I will be prayin for you. See you on the other side.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear that. This really hits home as you are younger than me. I just had my annual and everything was ok with the blood work, but they still want me to get probed. I think you just changed my mind to get that put at the top of my list now. Our prayers are with you, and hope you can enjoy what time the Lord gives you. Stay strong.

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
So sorry to hear Scott...... Been checked here .... Well sounds like you are at grips with it and hope the rest is as painless as possible for you.... I'll be praying and thinking of you..... So fortunate to know you on the forum.... Ed

Reactions: AUSSIE BATTLER

·
Registered
94 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. Been a few years since I've had it done. Need to get back in. X2 on hoping you don't have any pain & suffering. Prayers for you & your's.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Man that's rough. Sorry to hear all of that. Don't give up hope, miracles do happen. Hope the best for you

·
Registered
867 Posts
I haven't been with GC long but wanted to say I'm sorry about your news. My dad was lucky to catch his in time because he was checked out early on.Unfortunately he passed many years later from a heart compilation. Your advice to everyone is the best thing they can do I couldn't agree more with you. Take care and stay strong.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Wow, terrible news!!! Like others have said, miracles can and do happen!! Keep your head up bud!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sorry to hear about this! But props to u for taking the time to make others aware that may otherwise not think about it! U definitely seem to have a great spirit despite what they are telling u! Hang in there man and don't give up! I've seen people that were told they didn't have a month left with cancer defy all odds! I haven't been checked since 08 but this def has me thinking. Crazy how issues can arise and we don't even know it's brewing. Keep us all updated!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with ya AB! But it is great to see your spirits are still up and at the same time passing a very important message. I certainly wish you the best and may God bless you for reaching out to others!

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
AB - I echo all of the sentiments above. So sorry to hear that, but you are in my thoughts to defy the odds. Hang in there as best you can... you have all of us pulling for you!

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
8,094 Posts
It is with great sadness to hear your condition AB.
I'll keep you in my prayer's my friend, Cheers:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
I'll 2nd all of the above AB. I absolutely hate to see this about how things are progressing for you and at the same time appreciate the message to get tested.
I love you like a brother, thank you for all of your posts and middle of the night drunken PM chats, and I'm praying for a miracle for you to recover from this. You're in my prayers and someday we will ride together.
Cheers mate!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for kind words and prayers I'm in a good frame of mind to as some one once told me ,,, "don't give up on love ,hope, faith , jesus didn't ,,,,, cool saying hey
As I said before if I can just save someone by early detection then all is not lost ,, especially if you know cancer runs in you family history

Reactions: it400 and reogem

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll 2nd all of the above AB. I absolutely hate to see this about how things are progressing for you and at the same time appreciate the message to get tested.
I love you like a brother, thank you for all of your posts and middle of the night drunken PM chats, and I'm praying for a miracle for you to recover from this. You're in my prayers and someday we will ride together.
Cheers mate!
Lol yeh bro we had some real good drunken banter
Cheers bro

Reactions: Hammerhead

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear the news. I don't know what the start getting checked age is but now I know I'm getting checked soon. Keep your chin up and you will be in my prayers. I have found lots of your posts in old threads. Many have been helpful, but this is by far the most helpful post I have read on any forum.

·
Grizzled
3,558 Posts
Damn man. Best of luck that you get through this and BTW, your message is very clear!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sorry to hear about that AB. I'm in my 30's and just got my vasectomy last Friday. The Dr suggested I get my prostate checked when I'm back in for my follow up. I kind of balked at the idea but after reading your post that's exactly what I'll be doing. It's funny that it's a message we hear all the time but when it hits someone in the GC family it feels close to home. Even when you're 12,000 odd km away on the other side of the planet.

Wishing for peace and comfort for you and your family.

·
Premium Member
10,143 Posts
Son Of A Bitch A.B.
I remember from last year a couple P.M.s and you telling of the new development and treatment under way.
I would see you on every now and then, not posting, and thought about how you are doing many times.
I never imagined this was out of hand like it is.
I want to thank you for being you and helping me and others feel comfortable with being part of G.C.
Your posts about your country, the areas you ride, the people you ride with, the conditions whether inland or along the coast allowed me know what it was like to ride in Australia.
I remember us talking about how you had not been in snow, and from that thread on every time I was in snow I had a good thought about you and wished you were here.
You showed me the coast and the areas with crocks and I showed you elk and snow.
You made being part of G.C. worth checking in just to see what is new.
Well my friend, this thread sucks and I could have done without it. But what really sucks is I can not imagine what this is like from your shoes.
Reading about the treatments you have gone through and those you are currently putting up with confirms you are not a coward nor a quitter.
Your concern for the the rest of us, with your warming for us to protect our health, shows us your friendship is true and that I want to personally say thank you for.
You let us into your world and posted pictures for us to understand. The sandy beaches were nice, and surf along the edge of the water was great, but the best picture was at the races with the stewardess'.
If I had a saved miracle laying around to pass along to you, it would be on the way.
I'll keep an open eye for one, you keep hanging in there.

Got any more pictures?
Jim

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Unbelievable sorry to hear,best of luck to you and your family. Really appreciate the heads up and hope you can enjoy good days with friends and family doing what ever you can. Your friends at grizzly central will give you the strength you need to keep fighting. I remember my father telling me the toughest years in a mans life was between 45-55 how true it is. Take care and never give up hope.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts