·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: blink

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Nice job, looks good, I have the same shifter.

Reactions: POHLHAMMER

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Sweet Grizz! Thanks for making the video. How did you mount the dual zone grip/thumb warmer control like that?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sweet Grizz! Thanks for making the video. How did you mount the dual zone grip/thumb warmer control like that?
Used the bracket it came with , although i spun it 90° and basically used it backwards. That kept it super close to my handlebars , and looked nicer... though it was WAY harder to tighten the screws ...lol
It mounts to the screw that tightens your brake lever. They supply a longer bolt.

Attachments

Reactions: blink and BDSNJ

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really nice. But its so clean :)
Lol ,, true but trust me , its been buried deep many times.. just check my Youtube channel to see a couple romps..
Though my wife was getting pissed at my EPIC cleaning days on my sweet Grizz ,, hence the 400 came along, and now I bomb that little sucker around the property and up the river WAY more , and my 700 sits waiting for a nice trip up north... though it will see the ice soon with my heated grips and windshield..

Reactions: Brasco

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Glad to see your work, buttttttttttt......
I was thinking its to clean too.
And I didn't see a scratch either.
And the fuzz is still on the tires.
I would fix those things next, and quick. Ha....

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to see your work, buttttttttttt......
I was thinking its to clean too.
And I didn't see a scratch either.
And the fuzz is still on the tires.
I would fix those things next, and quick. Ha....
3 young boys ,, one wife I would like to keep.. otherwise it would have WAY more miles..
550 aint too shabby.. Trust me , its been dirty , lol. My 400 has been going thru its paces lately.. been having fun with my snorkels and the river next to my house.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very nice!! All pretty and shiny!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did you try your Grizz with stock tires?? How much better are the xtr's? Do they feel heavy?? Nice build btw!!!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the same heated grips/thumb warmer on the g/f's grizz. I got the glue on which I don't like, but they are WARM!!! Makes a huge difference!! My hands are the only thing that gets really cold, this helps a ton. I had the same setup on the other gade, but stayed with that machine. I gotta get a set for the new one. But I can wait for cold weather.....

!Nice machine too!! I kinda wish we would have waited for the 16s, but it's been 2 years now since we got this one. Have you ridden an older grizz? how does it compare to this one? I'm curious with this new bigger motor how it does....

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you try your Grizz with stock tires?? How much better are the xtr's? Do they feel heavy?? Nice build btw!!!!
ya , I rode it for a week with stock tires ... It feels more nimble with the stock tires ,, but these XTRs work great too. you get the traction , and durability and ground clearance ,, oh and cool looks.. but sacrifice a little speed and agility.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the same heated grips/thumb warmer on the g/f's grizz. I got the glue on which I don't like, but they are WARM!!! Makes a huge difference!! My hands are the only thing that gets really cold, this helps a ton. I had the same setup on the other gade, but stayed with that machine. I gotta get a set for the new one. But I can wait for cold weather.....

!Nice machine too!! I kinda wish we would have waited for the 16s, but it's been 2 years now since we got this one. Have you ridden an older grizz? how does it compare to this one? I'm curious with this new bigger motor how it does....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Question for those running the Heat Demons- I see on Amazon they have push on and clamp on grips. I also notice the on HD's web site that they currently only offer clamp on's. Maybe they changed the design?

Which should I buy?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Question for those running the Heat Demons- I see on Amazon they have push on and clamp on grips. I also notice the on HD's web site that they currently only offer clamp on's. Maybe they changed the design?

Which should I buy?
My dealer said to me "These are the new ,better designed clamp on grips" as he sold me my pair a week back...

they sure were easy to install , seem solid.
best trick to remove old grips ,, blast 120 psi air nossel into end of handlebar ,, they blow up and come right off ,, no cutting.
:getrdone:

Reactions: RockTaco
1 - 20 of 60 Posts