Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new owner of 2017 Grizzly 700 SE.
I ride standing up a lot so I moved the bars forward. The vertical portion of the bar is pretty much straight up and down (12 o'clock).
Now it seems like the light assembly and display assembly won't fit..... having trouble getting things lined up. Doesn't seem like it should be this hard for moving the bars slightly forward. I really don't want to cut on the plastic of my brand new machine but this is a drag.
Anyone run into this issue? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When I got mine, I too had a hard time getting everything to line up after I moved the handlebars. But after several adjustments and several choice words I got it back together. But I moved my handlebars the opposite of you, I moved lower and towards me. Makes me miss the old setup without the headlight pod.

Good luck!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Rox Risers has a setup for the 16+ models. Some are fans, some are not. One guy deleted the headlight pod with the new Rox setup. Maybe look into Rox. They're great to work with and will answer any questions you have.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I used a small 1" riser block and I love it. Puts the bars in a better position for me.
I don't think I changed the angle much. It was easy to reassemble. Makes stand up riding much easier as well.

2016 Grizzly 700 le,
26 Bighorns on Stock wheels.
1 1/2" custom tip, EHS fuel controller.
1.5mm shim and Dalton Metallic Red secondary, 224 watt 12" LED bar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Madkawi...is that the black part on the underside of the bar or is it the chrome metal piece below the black part?
Where did you buy or did you manufacturer yourself? Did you have to make any cabling adjustments/modifications?

I'm only 5-8 but riding standing up seems like much more natural way to ride and if the Bars were a tiny bit higher, that would be a very relaxed riding position for me.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The black spacer blocks are what I added. They are made by Powermadd.

PowerMadd Universal 7/8in. Bar Risers

2016 Grizzly 700 le,

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I didn't have to adjust anything.
Only small issue I have is when turned all the way to the left I hear the tiny click noise made by the brake light switch when you first pull the brake lever. I could likely use a bit more slack. Cutting a zip tie somewhere would likely fix this, but it's not an issue with me. So what if every now and again my brake light flashes for a second when I'm in the slowest tightest trails.

2016 Grizzly 700 le,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see the 7/8 inch Universal risers on the website but I don't recognize the 270768 number.

POWERMADD shows it as: #45301 1"(25mm) riser $35

Do you think I'm looking at the right one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Ahh. I bet the 270768 is the number from the Canadian company I ordered from.
I'll look at my old order and get back to ya

2016 Grizzly 700 le,

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

This is my old order from Fort Nine. It used to be called Canada's Motorcycle.

$42 is a rip off really. But I was to lazy to make my own and it comes with 8 new longer bolts.

If you could make a spacer block and get some loner bolts, you could save some coin.

2016 Grizzly 700 le,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts