Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back to Hatfield & Mccoy soon. Has anyone stayed at Mud Pit atv resort in Bluefield WV. We will ride the Pocahontas and Indian Ridge trail systems. Any suggestions on must see landmarks , trails , restaurants or any reviews?

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly SE, 2018 Kodiak 700 SE
144 Posts
I am going to be there the 22nd thru the 26th. It will be my first time at the Mud Pit. I will let you know how it was.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have stayed there many times. Both with the Rv and used the cabins a few times. Good place, GSS and store on site, locked security gate at night. You can access Pocahontas, Indian ridge, pinnacle creek and war from there. If you go over to warrior and ride most of those and then back to mud pit, it will be about a 130-140 mile day. Warrior is the best southern system to me...lots of elevation change, long trails and like a roller coaster. Indian ridge is a shell of itself due to mining operations. Pocahontas is easiest one good for kids and the trails are much shorter. Access to lots of outlaws from mud pit also. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2020 Yamaha Kodiak 700 EPS SE
158 Posts
Good Deal! I hope to run those trails this or next year, GOD willing!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also Buffalo trail is the best restaurant there by far. About 5 miles from mud pit. You can ride atv to there no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to be there the 22nd thru the 26th. It will be my first time at the Mud Pit. I will let you know how it was.
We will be there 4/21- 4/24 maybe we can hook up and ride. We will have 4 Grizzly 700s and a Can Am 1000 in our group!

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update for anyone planning a trip to Indian Ridge or Pocahontas. There is a huge section of trails closed due to mining that they don't bother to tell you before you go. We rode pretty much all green , blue and black trails open. We skipped the double black which was only a couple of short trails. 65 miles in 2 days was a little disappointing for a 7 hour drive. Rockhouse and Devil Anse was a much better ride in 2018. We are already planning a ride next year to Buffalo Mountain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts