Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were gearing up to head to Hortense for Trucks gone wild next weekend and i've been wanting to get some better shoes/boots to wear in this nasty mud, normally i wear an old pair of tennis shoes because i can tie them and they wont slip off in the mud, but after a few hours they are so water logged my feet start to hurt from being wet all day lol. i have some knee high steel toe slip on rubber boots and i think i'm gonna try those this time since they can just be rinsed out and wont hold water in them as bad. something like these.

what do you guys wear when your out mudding?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wear Muck brand boots. They are neoprene like, 100% waterproof. Fit fairly snug to your leg, particularly if your leg is as big as mine! They are awesome for mud and water riding!

G

·
Another vote for Muck boots

That or you can always wear a pair of fishing waders. But that's if you're gonna go real deep in some stuff

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
X2, X3, X4 on the Muck Boots.. two pair here, the Artic Sport are absolutely awesome for wet cold riding or anything snow/cold, and then the chore boots which can't be beat. So many uses for the muck boots and yes they are quite comfortable for neoprene/rubber boots.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn i guess i'm going to have to invest in a couple pairs then thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Check out Cabelas Bargain Cave. It's tough to find a sale on these boots but there's one heck of a price for Muck boots going on now. If you run a 1/2 size order up and you'll be good to go. Good luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used to use XtraTuffs, but with how flooded we got last year, I switched to some decent Chest waders. If those get wet inside, you went too deep lol. I may need to look into the Muck boots for when things arent too bad. Xtratuffs stick to your legs when they get swamped and are so hard to get off after that lol.

·
Premium Member
5,778 Posts
muck boots here too, my son and I both use them. The bottom tread grips good in mud and seems to not clog up with mud so bad.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use my Rocky and/or my LaCrosse Alpha Burly neoprene hunting rubber boots....simular to Muck brand maybe a touch more but I already have them for hunting :peace:

Now, if you need waders, you might consider bringing about 10 quarts of oil and a few oil filters....just saying :devil:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have the LaCrosse Alpha Burly, they're nice but expensive and every time I wore them I ended up going too deep and filling them with water. So now if its cold or even just chilly I wear chest waders and if its warm cheap water shoes(aqua socks) from Wal-Mart, they stay on real good in the mud.

G

·
I always wear some uninsulated waders if its warm. I used to wear boots, and I recently bought a pair of waders and I have never made a better decision. I will never go back to just boots unless it is really hot outside.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have Rocky Snake boots. They are knee high and water proof just about all the way up. Best of all they are snake proof. They are not insulated for cold weather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts