Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a 2x1-1/2" abs reducer and cut down the 2" hub down to the beveled area then filed it to flare out, then wet sanded to get it smooth. The 1-1/2" hub fit nice and tight into the rubber boot after cutting it down. Besides the price of the Uni-filter the Toyota intake mass air flow sensor adapter (aluminum flange) was only $9.50 from Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
Very nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Awesome idea. Gotta love saving some coin for other mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I was impressed with the quality of the aluminum flange and the diameter was a perfect for the Uni-filter.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Do you have a part number or a link to the flange?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Do you have a part number or a link to the flange?

Yes that would be great. I wish I had known about this flange earlier. I paid the same price for a plastic one. Not that it matters much but I bet an aluminum one holds up much better.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Search Amazon for: 86-94 Toyota Celica Intake Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter" then scroll down until you see a pic of the flange for $9.50 and open that up. It seems to be a generic part that fits many vehicles but as long as it has the 3" opening it should work.

Reactions: MultipleMigzz

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was looking at my 18 today too. I was just thinking remove the foam donut for a rubber grommet, grease and squish. That how the Polaris RZR of mine works.

Nice find buddy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is the purpose of the modification to create a better/tighter seal so dirt and dust does not make its way past the filter and into the motor?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes and to be able to slip-on a Unifilter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts