Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share my latest adventure to PA. My first time here and it was a lot of fun, some good speed riding and plenty of technical riding to go along with it. Only managed to grab a few pics of the day.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Did you go there all the way from Virginia?

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Nice pics, what a view.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That looked to be some great scenic riding. Thanks for posting your pics.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Beautiful area! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Beautiful thanks for sharing makes me want to goin the woods now!!!!! Damn rain!!! And I'm sick

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats looks amazing, you only got to spend one day there?
Unfortunately! But it was a blast, got about 6 hours in.

Did you go there all the way from Virginia?
Pretty much, I met my buddy in South Jersey then the next morning we left for PA. Worth it!

Thanks everyone for the comments, it's definitely a nice place if anyone wants to go there - it is in Dunmore, PA. Weekends are pretty busy from what the receptionist told us. $37 for 1 day of riding is kind of steep though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice pics! Next trip up check out Rock Run Recreation in Patton, PA. I prefer it over lost trails. Lot less rocky and I think there is a lot more trails. Price is also less to ride for a weekend.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
looks good. i may check this place out. only 2 hours away. thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I'm spoiled, you had to pay $37 for a day's riding, wow. Must be on private property. Is this a norm for east coast riders?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I'm spoiled, you had to pay $37 for a day's riding, wow. Must be on private property. Is this a norm for east coast riders?
there is a lot less undeveloped land per person over here so our options are much more limited... there is some public riding dcnr trails, some private pay per trip stuff, some private pay per year stuff...

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
Hey...
You guys delete the posts about paying.
The government may read that.
Glad you didn't say it was a thousand a day.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm barely an hour from there and have yet to go. I heard it's rocky, and the fee is kinda high, but wanna go and see it for myself. I heard you can ride all day and not go on any of the same trails. There isn't too many places to ride in this area. Where I am it's all public, but so many trials are now closed or blocked, can't go anywhere. Back when I was a kid, I could ride my 200X all day, and not hit the same trails. Now I can ride for maybe an hour and be back where I started. The old rail road bed in Windsor and Damascus isn't bad, trails lead off that. But now it's hunting season, and soon sled season and in PA ATVs aren't allowed on the trail. Riding to the Devil's punchbowl is kinda fun...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Depends on where you live. I'm in north east Pa and can go riding all day right out my backyard.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'm barely an hour from there and have yet to go. I heard it's rocky, and the fee is kinda high, but wanna go and see it for myself. I heard you can ride all day and not go on any of the same trails. There isn't too many places to ride in this area. Where I am it's all public, but so many trials are now closed or blocked, can't go anywhere. Back when I was a kid, I could ride my 200X all day, and not hit the same trails. Now I can ride for maybe an hour and be back where I started. The old rail road bed in Windsor and Damascus isn't bad, trails lead off that. But now it's hunting season, and soon sled season and in PA ATVs aren't allowed on the trail. Riding to the Devil's punchbowl is kinda fun...
You can't be very far away from me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts