Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
I have been using my mower rig this year more, never started it last year, ran several tanks of gas out of it this year.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Love it! I might not mind mowing as much if I could ride my Grizzly while doing it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

Yeah it is a lot more enjoyable mowing while riding the grizz.... I actually feel safer too while getting near the ditch and some of the hills I have in the yard, less fear of tipping. My only issue is I go way faster than I should at times! Now I just need to install a beverage holder....

·
Registered
241 Posts
WOW, that's pretty cool.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice!

I was thinking about a similar setup. I have approx 5 acres in "grass" that I was mowing with a little 50" zero turn. Most of the property has trees which the zero turn handles nicely. There is also one area of approx an acre that is a flat field of grass. However, some of the property is quite wet and I've been using the Grizz to rescue the stuck zero turn.

I thought that I'd be able to use my 4wd Kubota to cut the wet areas, but it's just too heavy and will create huge ruts. I think the same thing would happen with a large 60-72" zero turn as well.

Do you have any issues with the grizz/swisher combination when turning since the grizz has a locked rear? Is the unit pretty light?

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
8,094 Posts
Cool!
So much for mowing being a chore huh!
Enjoy

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had that set up last year and found myself going to fast and the swisher doesn't have the blade speed needed to mow fast. So I sold it. I've never received as many calls on something I was selling. definitely a demand around here for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Does the griz get hot or run the fan a lot?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dirtydeed: No real issues turning, I do have to take turns nice an wide since I am using it for my lawn to not rip up the grass. You definitely cannot fit into tighter spaces like you could with a riding mower. I too have some wet areas that my rider was getting stuck on, but no worries with the grizz as far as that goes! This unit is pretty light and follows nicely, but I do not go over 5-6 mph because it will bounce around quite a bit.

Flach24: Last week my temp light did turn on so I quick ran over to the hose and let some cool water run across the radiator the air temp was in the mid 80's with high humidity though. I did notice my coolant was a smidge low and there was some gunk in the fins of my radiator, so I blew them out with the hose. I mowed yesterday without issue in the mid 80's I do notice the fan come on from time to time.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just ordered a swisher 44" model with two large wheels. I'll use it behind the grizz for the wet areas and hook it to the zero turn in double wide for the field.

Found the 44" on amazon for $750 so figured it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just got a notice from amazon that my order was cancelled due to "technical reasons". Looked on there today and they doubled the price of the unit I was trying to order. WTF?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts