Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased my first ATV, and as you may have guessed, it is a Grizzly. My main purpose for an ATV is ice fishing, since I hate dragging a sled by hand, and I do not have a 4x4 vehicle (yet). I also am interested in getting into trail riding, since it appears that WI has lots of trails.

My first thought was to get a Polaris Ranger 900, but they huge, and cost more $$$. My buddy bought a Polaris Sportsman 450 for ice fishing, so I researched those as well...for about 5 seconds. Then a guy I work with said that I should look at Yamaha. He and his wife have Grizzly's, and swear by them. After looking around, I found a fair (?) price on a 2017 EPS SE, so I bought it.

I am a total newbie to the whole ATV thing, so I hope to learn a lot from this group. I also hope to be of service to others here, after I figure all this stuff out.

Thanks for having me!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
Hey...homey53916..Welcome to GC from Birchwood WI.

Congratulation on you new and first Griz.. Yep! There are many trails in WI. North of you are some great trails.

Reactions: homey53916

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@homey53916, welcome to GC from Maine. Great choice on the Grizzly. The members of this forum are extremely helpful, and have an amazing amount of knowledge. Great intro, by the way!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome from Missouri and congrats on the Grizz!

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Welcome 2 GC and congrats on the new griz.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn. and great choice Homey

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to GC and enjoy your new ride and be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Welcome to GC from VA. There's enough information here to help you understand, repair, and add goodies to your Grizzly, plus there are enough members here that someone is wearing the "Been there, broke that, fixed that" shirt.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Welcome to GC. Congrats on the new Griz. It will treat you well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcom homey53916 (Jeff), excellent choice on the grizzly!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also purchased a 2018 Yamaha Grizzly last October. I had thought that I wanted a Can-Am, talked to the Mechanic at the Dealership, he told me " I work on them, either get a Yamaha or Honda. I checked both of them out and decided on the Yamaha. I had a 2002 Honda Foreman that I just recently sold, never had any problems with it, the Yamaha has a lot more power than the Honda Rubicon that I was looking at, so it was the Yamaha that I purchased. I also have a 1999 Kawasaki Bayou 220, my 1st 4 wheeler and now it is my Daughters, we ride together.
Marcus40

1 - 14 of 14 Posts